Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always came to this site for betta tips and help, and it helps alot more than all the other websites I've been to. :3 So I just want to thank all of the betta-smarties out there. :D

I just wanted to post a picture of my girlie's tank.

Do you guys think it's okay? o:

Too small? I just got that ornament for her today and she loves it. :3
Btw, her name's Leonardo. xD And she's a sweetie pie that loves to chase my finger and snacks on bloodworms.

I'll post more pictures on this post throughout the day tomorrow. And I apologize if it's in the wrong category, I really just wanted to post a picture and see. :)

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
i like it. she has plenty of room and the flowers on the ornament kinda match her :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i like it. she has plenty of room and the flowers on the ornament kinda match her :D
Thanks. :D I always try to get the best things for my bettas. <3 They're my babies!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oooo she is so pretty! Very feminine ;) nice tank. She'd prob like a few more plants to swim through, but thin ones so they don't impede her space.
Thanks! I'll definitely get some more plants for her. Thanks for the advice. <3

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I come from a freshwater plant tank with white clouds (type of fish) so my plants are REAL. i find so far that they give the tank a better setting and they are safer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I come from a freshwater plant tank with white clouds (type of fish) so my plants are REAL. i find so far that they give the tank a better setting and they are safer.
Yeah! I was thinking of getting some live plants. But I'm afraid it might be a little hard to clean especially of my tank size. Would you think it's okay for me to have some live plants in the tank I have now? It's only a 2.5 gallon...but it's a lot bigger than the previous tanks I've owned.

·
Registered
866 Posts
OH MY GOSH! I saw the EXACT same ornament at petsmart last sunday!!!!!! i was debating whether or not to buy it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OH MY GOSH! I saw the EXACT same ornament at petsmart last sunday!!!!!! i was debating whether or not to buy it.
I was too. xD
But then I went back and it was on sale and I was all "OHPSH WHY NOT."
I thought it'd be nice for my girlie. :3

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
well the tank i was originally going to have my fish in is this:

Info on this tank: Complete with a 3L Plastic cube aquarium with black frame, a Zen themed decorative background, natural gravel (250g), 5 black decorative stones, Nutrafin Max Betta Food (3g) and Nutrafin Betta Bowl Conditioner (59ml). Just add fish and water!

Mind you this is WAY out of proportion. The fish makes it look WAY bigger then it is this is only 0.5 gallons and a pet shop assured me it was plenty big enough.
i got it home and looked at it set up and went "HELL NO!" then we put a plant in it and it looked great then we took the plant out, now it will be a temp holding cell incase any of my females become agressive.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
2.5 gallons is PLENTY my tanks only 22 ltrs (about 6 gallons) and its full of plants:

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
My partner tells me to suggest Java moss and narrow leaf java fern. these need about 7 hrs of light a day though as do most plants, my tank lights on at LEAST 5 hrs a day.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I likes! She's a petty lady! <3 I agree with a few plants.. I ve never had good luck with live plants,but soft soft plastic ones checked over and clipped of any edges have proved nice and small silk plants arent half bad :3 or you can try a betta leaf! They sell them at pet smart. It suctions to your tank and mine loved to snooze and nom on it! Its a few bucks :B

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Nice! And thanks for the recognition. Although I'm not really an expert on this site, but I still have been around for a while.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts