Betta Fish Forum banner

61 - 80 of 1433 Posts

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Thank you so much!! I'm glad you enjoy reading my Journal! Welcome to Betta Fish, we're glad you joined us!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
The only thing in the tank that could possibly leach hemicals is a little castle/hide. I already removed a no fishing sign that was bubbling.

How did you notice the plant was leaching chemicals?

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
The fact that it left a strange waxy film on my hands when I took it out. I also need to replace the filter cartridge. Not a big deal. Fixing that tomorrow.

I have more pictures, even one of Chili and Angel together (not on the same side though, they were looking at eachother.) I also have some more pictures of Dangerous and his growing bubblenest. He's been guarding it like crazy LOL!

·
Registered
577 Posts
^.^ glad Dangerous is feeling better!
Every time I see pics here I think 'GOSH these fish and tanks are stunning!' I mean, you're tanks are always so bright and full of life!
@MrPink
Welcome! (to the hobby and the site) I know, this forum is so awesome :D Taught me so much and keeps teaching me
alot!

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Me too! Thank you so much! I'm really glad you like them! I love lots of color!
Here's that picture of Angel and Chili I promised:
20150618_205014.jpg
More pictures will be coming later today.....

·
Registered
577 Posts
!!! So cute!

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Haha thanks!
Here's a new picture of Dangerous' ever growing bubblenest! I will post more pictures, and some tank info of my new boy tomorrow!

·
Registered
577 Posts
?? New boy ?? Can't wait to hear MORE!
Wow, thats a big bubble nest!

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
YES!! Go check out my new thread in the Betta Pictures section! Maybe you can help me name him!
I know! He's never made one this big before. He's never made as many as he has before either!

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
So my new boy's name is officially Kip! So here's more pics of him in his tank! I'm redoing my room in a few months and going to move him to a 5 gal. so he can wiggle more, he's such a wiggle worm! <3 I have a little throw together sponge filter in his tank using these (the tweezers are for getting food and stuff off the bottom of my tanks)

I put an airstone I had laying around in the hole and stuck some suction cups on it so it wouldn't float. I'm pretty pleased with myself! It's only temporary of course.

I'm SOO happy I brought him home! My mom and I were looking at the fish, and I always picked Kip up, and at the time my mom came over and was saying how cute he was and I told her he had been there for a few months, then she said if I thought I could handle it I could get him. So I said 'let's go get lunch and do some things in the area' (had to pick some things up for him) and we'd come back and grab him, a hide, and some plants. On our way home we stopped in the drive through and grabbed some Ice cream and headed home!

I got to do another 100% wc for the divided tank today, it looks great! I got it looking more even and less crowded.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Beautiful boys! I probably couldn't handle more than 2 boys right now (found a gorgeous little dude at Petco today to help get over Indigo's death), it's great you're able to take care of so many fish without being overwhelmed. I know I probably would be.
Angel looks fabulous. The look he's giving the camera in the pic before is hilarious.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Thank you so much!! I'm so happy you were able to find a new boy. Have you shown him off yet? I'd love to see him! I know haha, I just take it a step at a time, and don't do more than I can handle in a day.
Thank you, He's got attitude! :-D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Wow your tanks and fish are so bright and colorful I love it!

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Thank you! I'm glad you like them!

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Here's a cute one of Kip!! I cannot get over how cute he is! I adore how his anal fin is wavy instead of straight, it makes him unique! <3 <3 <3
10462794_1444471472523662_8287717464320585137_n.jpg

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
OK, so for a while I've been thinking about finding a new home for Angel, would anyone in Texas be interested? I'm a little scared to ship because I really have no idea what to do, and I'd be a little scared. He's very busy, and really is only comfortable in nothing larger than a 2.5 gal. tank (I think it helps reduce his nipping), heavily planted. He loves his plants! I don't think I'd be able to do anything right now as I'm a bit busy, but I thought I'd just let everyone know in case someone was interested.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
That's so sweet! Thank you so much! I am positive you will! You're definitely in the right place! :-D

·
Registered
577 Posts
I would love to take him in... but I'm in New York. Plus, I don't have any extra tanks. xP But I totally get what your saying about shipping... I bet you'll find someone (whos close) to take him in soon enough!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Me too! I would take him in a second if I wasn't so far away and if I had open tanks.

61 - 80 of 1433 Posts