Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, any ideas on how to keep a daphnia culture going? I know where to get it from and yeast is needed but the exact quantities and instructions are still kinda unclear and though you guys could help! Thanks :)

BTW, sorry if its in the wrong thread. Wasn't really sure where it could go to....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, thanks! But really, I was looking for how to maintain them after they hatch because the place I can get the culture @ is pretty far and as we know daphnias die after a day or two without the right conditions. Green water doesn't really seem to work for me too...

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
If you have a windowsill that faces the sun most of the day, that will be the best way to get green water. You can also feed them spirolina, that can be bought at most health food stores.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've had some water face the Sun for about 2 weeks and still no green water! The Sun has been really intense too. Spirolina is pretty expensive where I'm from so it rules it out too. Any methods of increasing green water gains/yeast mixture?

·
Registered
606 Posts
I've had some water face the Sun for about 2 weeks and still no green water! The Sun has been really intense too. Spirolina is pretty expensive where I'm from so it rules it out too. Any methods of increasing green water gains/yeast mixture?
If you leave it without anything you would not get green water.Try adding some live plants or a baby guppy as the poop will act as fertilizer for green water growth.
GOOD LUCK!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.