Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Daryl's firstbubblenest but..

Hello everyone! :) I am proud to tell you and show you that my little boy Daryl made his first ever bubble nest! He is flaring a lot because the side of his tank is a little darker. He seems to be very active and the water is nice and warm. My only concern is that he seems to be swimming in short bursts. Is he just happy? Or is he stressed out from over flaring and thinking there is another male in there? Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
How long have you had him now?

There could be different things going on. You may just have an aggressive fish - nothing wrong with this, some of them just are. If he's still relatively new, he may just be getting used to his environment still. Otherwise, possibly the lighting is bothering him if he keeps seeing his reflection in the glass - try turning the light in the tank off if you don't have good lighting in the area around him.

There might not be anything wrong at all - he could just be aggressive! Some fish are!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long have you had him now?

There could be different things going on. You may just have an aggressive fish - nothing wrong with this, some of them just are. If he's still relatively new, he may just be getting used to his environment still. Otherwise, possibly the lighting is bothering him if he keeps seeing his reflection in the glass - try turning the light in the tank off if you don't have good lighting in the area around him.

There might not be anything wrong at all - he could just be aggressive! Some fish are!
Thank you soo much :) other then that he seems happy :D so imma go with that and do the normal cleaning (100% every two days because he has an unfiltered 1.5 gallon tank) and he seems great! :D Thank you haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts