Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, if i put decap brine shrimp eggs freshly decapped at home, will they be alive or dead? not sure... i know the dried ones BSD sells are dead, but if you do it at home, what is the result? thanks

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Actually I think there are two kinds of decapsulated... Live, and dead. Dead is just the stuff you toss in and hope they eat lol. The other kind, seems to be harder to find!

Artemia Revolution is one kind that I know of (online may be easier to find it) if you want a premade one.

As for at-home decapsulated ones, if done right (and not dried) yes they will be alive... Think you have to use them up within a few weeks however.

·
Registered
702 Posts
If brown and in saline solution, yes alive. If dried and orange, dead. The live ones still need agitation and saltwater to hatch.

The difference between live and dead depends on how long you keep the eggs in the de-shelling solution. The longer the wait, the higher your chances are of cooking the embryos. I forgot the exact time, and am on my phone but there are videos on YouTube regarding this subject.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts