Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi.

So some of you might know me because I've been freaking out over a sick betta in the Emergencies section. Hopefully first impressions aren't everything. XD

I decided to stick around here, though. I've been looking for a fish forum, and I think I finally found my footing here.

So I guess a little bit about me... I haven't kept bettas too long, about a year, so I'm a little bit of a newbie with them specifically. I have kept fish for about 10 years, not counting the family tank we had that me and another family member took care of. I have a 10g with my betta, and a 90g.

I'm a weather nerd, fish nerd, animal lover and people person. Nice to meet you all.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey! Welcome to the forums. I myself joined during a fish freak out. :)

A 90g tank, that must be huge! What do you guys keep in it?

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Did you say weather neard???? I thought i was so alone i love thunderstorms and snow storms too i love it severe tho lol

I have tons of weather apps in my i pad for radar to severe weather alerts to how much snow i will get i love it

I love thunderstorms that have very heavy rain in them i would watch the rain through my window and hear it too

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
A Tetra Squad (seriously love that nickname because of how they act xD), an African Featherfin Synodontis (who is so messy but I love him to death), boesemanis and 4. cories. I may get one more big guy for a centerpiece, but I'm being picky because Doc (that is the syno's name) really is a test on my water changing abilities. XD he is 5-6 inches and obviously will get bigger. I have had him since he was tiny.

I have been going back and forth what kind of fish it will be.

(to anyone who might warn me about a syno and corydoras - they're actually really chill together and I was prepared in case they weren't. I also realize it's not one part of the world, but there's a story to the Syno)

And YES. I love the weather. I spend my extra time looking at forecast models. XD I love it. It's my escape, although it's quite scary when you're trying to forecast something that is coming for you.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I almost decided to become a meteorologist but unfortunately I couldn't do that endeavor. So I got to know a few over Facebook and I ask questions from time to time if I don't get something a model says.

I however am currently resisting going into an informational speech about how hail forms at the moment xD (just because you've mentioned it)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts