Betta Fish Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
RusselltheShihTzu
21,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Only the ones from the sellers. But I'm close. Don't want to post photos of them in their small quarantine tanks. :(

Going to divide two 10 gallons and put the 2.5 tanks on my end table. Waiting for PetSmart to restock their 10 gallons as I need one more.

I have a Betta I haven't mentioned because he was not doing well and I thought he was going to die. Well, he seems to have made a miraculous change. He's been with me since, I think, the Fall. I thought he was a Pineapple DeTEE and named him "Dole," duh. But his body lightened; fins are the same. Body is also straight; it's just the way he is pictured. I have to clean his Kritter Keeper and will see if I can get anything decent.
PineappleHMEE1.jpg

The sellers of 180, aka Phineas T. Barnum, knew I wanted a Pineapple PKEE so they sent me one as a surprise. He's a real cutie. But, between Dole thankfully pulling through and that boy I needed tanks for two more. That's when I hit upon the idea of two divided 10 gallons instead of four separate 2.5. If my end table can handle the weight of a 10, may divide another instead of the two 2.5. I have all of the equipment so it's only the cost of the tanks.

I plant to use the Dennerle for Dario Dario and shrimp. Most likely Sakura Red in one and Blue Dream in the other.

·
Super Moderator
543 Posts
Only the ones from the sellers. But I'm close. Don't want to post photos of them in their small quarantine tanks. :(

Going to divide two 10 gallons and put the 2.5 tanks on my end table. Waiting for PetSmart to restock their 10 gallons as I need one more.

I have a Betta I haven't mentioned because he was not doing well and I thought he was going to die. Well, he seems to have made a miraculous change. He's been with me since, I think, the Fall. I thought he was a Pineapple DeTEE and named him "Dole," duh. But his body lightened; fins are the same. Body is also straight; it's just the way he is pictured. I have to clean his Kritter Keeper and will see if I can get anything decent.
View attachment 1026281

The sellers of 180, aka Phineas T. Barnum, knew I wanted a Pineapple PKEE so they sent me one as a surprise. He's a real cutie. But, between Dole thankfully pulling through and that boy I needed tanks for two more. That's when I hit upon the idea of two divided 10 gallons instead of four separate 2.5. If my end table can handle the weight of a 10, may divide another instead of the two 2.5. I have all of the equipment so it's only the cost of the tanks.

I plant to use the Dennerle for Dario Dario and shrimp. Most likely Sakura Red in one and Blue Dream in the other.
Oooh I love dario dario! So pretty and cute!

·
RusselltheShihTzu
21,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
I know, right? And they can live quite happily in a 2.5 cube. Will get their live food by eating baby shrimp (I hope). I had a pair spawn in a 20 gallon community tank. Babies didn't make it though. I couldn't net them because there were too many plants.

They are by far my favorite Nano fish. Glad to know someone else is familiar with them.

·
Super Moderator
543 Posts
I know, right? And they can live quite happily in a 2.5 cube. Will get their live food by eating baby shrimp (I hope). I had a pair spawn in a 20 gallon community tank. Babies didn't make it though. I couldn't net them because there were too many plants.

They are by far my favorite Nano fish. Glad to know someone else is familiar with them.
I didn’t know they could live in small tanks like that. I haven’t had any in many years and I’ll be honest I wasn’t super successful when I did...but maybe I will give it another go 😜

·
RusselltheShihTzu
21,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
I didn’t know they could live in small tanks like that. I haven’t had any in many years and I’ll be honest I wasn’t super successful when I did...but maybe I will give it another go 😜
Live or frozen food and LOTS of Java Moss has worked for me. They liked to hang out in the Cholla.

I've had them in 20 long, 5.5 and 2.5. I think most profiles, though, say 16" length. They're not very active fish and I noticed they didn't go very far from their territory no matter the size of the tank.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I find them amazing! I recently watched them for a while, when a LFS had a nice number of them (surprisingly - they were preordered but not picked up).
I did some research - thinking back and forth - and decided that I can‘t imagine them in one of my existing tanks. And no further tanks are planned - I reached my capacity!
So I recommended them to someone online who was searching and two weeks later they were sold.

So good luck with whatever you decide to do with your 2.5s and: glad to read that Dole made it!!

101 - 107 of 107 Posts