Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fabio... aka Spot, is getting a tank ornament / hiding spot and silk plants on Tues. He had torn his fins already and though I know I can not totally prevent from happening I'd like to try and reduce the chances of it happening. What are the best ornaments in your experiences? He's an extremely happy boy (I think) and very friendly and I want him to stay that way. He built me a HUGE bubble nest, the biggest I have ever seen. It towers about an inch above the water. It is a bubble mansion. It is going to break my heart to do the next water change.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
I would look for anything that has wide openings if it were a cave. I've noticed many entrances seem small... which is silly. I also look for smooth insides for the ornament, along with rounded edges rather than sharp, pointy edges. I think there are logs, caves, etc that are meant for larger cichlids - those work. Terricotta pots do too :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Try to get plants with rounded edges and take off any of the end stem parts as, I learned that the hard way with Yashamaru (sigh, now I have to wait for him to heal :( )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts