Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I have noticed in V-Tale's tank some strange little friends. They have been more present now that I've got a better sense of what I'm looking at and knowing now it's not plant material from the Camboba. Also with feeding and not over feeding.

It is a planted aquarium, plants came from a smart place in my area. There is a bunch and I think they are Detritus worms but im not experienced enough to know and hoping someone else could help me identify what im dealing with and what I could possibly do to help control their population, or obliterate them!

Here are some photos of the worms and a photo bomb from V-Tale .

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
912 Posts
We've had little guys like that in our fry tank, they never hurt the babies as far as I know. The babies would sometimes snack on them though. I'm pretty sure their harmless, but you'd better here from a moderator to make sure. BTW I just got rid of them with water changes and snails.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We've had little guys like that in our fry tank, they never hurt the babies as far as I know. The babies would sometimes snack on them though. I'm pretty sure their harmless, but you'd better here from a moderator to make sure. BTW I just got rid of them with water changes and snails.

Okay ive heard they are harmless as well and from what I've read but then there's always something or someone that says the opposite . I treated V-Tale with API super ick cure 2 days ago and the next day morning I couldn't see any worms. 48 hours later (today) from first dose they have started to come back but not in the numbers they were before. I may be getting some snails just don't want to have to deal with their population if they decide to have a bloom. I also did do two 15% water changes back to back in 72 hours before the original post but didn't notice any change in worm population.

I appreciate the reply and information you've provided though. I may be adopting some guppies platies and corydora and housing them in a different tank but may be changing some things around now. Lol decisions decisions...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts