Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't able to shop today (I also hate the idea of Black Friday, but I can't deny that there are some awesome deals) because I'm broke beyond belief, but did anyone else get any good betta-related deals today? c:

·
Registered
647 Posts
This is the perfect time to buy larger aquariums. Most deals are usually good for the weekend. Petsmart in Canada has a 75 gallon setup at half price. I'm kicking myself I don't have room or time for another tank.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I want to take advantage of the deals soooo badly. Both Petsmart and Petco's fish are 50% off. I was going to go pick my 5th betta on Monday with my boyfriend for our fifth anniversary and the sales ends by then! It's so tempting to go myself!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to take advantage of the deals soooo badly. Both Petsmart and Petco's fish are 50% off. I was going to go pick my 5th betta on Monday with my boyfriend for our fifth anniversary and the sales ends by then! It's so tempting to go myself!
You can do what I did! I went to Petsmart without my husband and sent him pictures. It took longer than it would have if we were both there, but we both still participated in choosing our betta. :3

·
Registered
702 Posts
I would if I also hadn't planned to go out with some friends tomorrow night, probably wouldn't make it before closing. My schedule just doesn't line up with it too well. ;_; And...I also cheated by getting my fourth betta myself spontaneously. I felt like he should be here in person for this one lol
It's the last one I have space for, so this next betta is going to be super important. I'm mainly just hoping at this point that they won't be cleared out of bettas from the sale.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I couldn't resist and went to petco at one pm. I recently lost my double tail half moon from tb. I got a really nice hospital tank for $8.00 (would be $15.00) heater for $20.00 , blood worms and a cute little blue clown tail male that was giving me puppy eyes. I ended up spending $40.00.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Omg...you guys are killing me! I have money in my pocket....but the closest petsmart/co is like 100 miles!!! ahhhh>_< lol!

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I didn't bother with anything. I don' feel like dealing with the [censor] holes on the roads or in the stores fighting over the last whatever on the shelves. Besides which I have what I want aquatic wise right now... except plants but I can't get anything good locally and its too cold to ship so no plants till spring. As for non aquatic holiday shopping.. meh.. as a side note I find it amusing that the "Black FRIDAY" sales for many major stores started Thursday after noon/evening. No point in calling it Black Friday anymore.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yes, I ordered all of my betta supplies on Black Friday. I was able to get a 5-gallon Aqueon Mini Bow tank kit for the price of a 2.5-gallon tank. It was about $40, I think, and all the food and accessories I ordered to go with it were half-off as well, and there was a shipping discount, too. My receipt said I knocked something, like, $30 off the shipping. I only spent $90 for all the stuff.

But now that I think about I probably should have waited to buy food......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts