Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Sorta; I got Spud an early present a coupla weeks ago by buying a 5 gallon hex off craigslist for 20 bucks. It is in great shape and he upgraded from a 2.5 gallon so he is happy with the extra space. :D
a

·
Registered
458 Posts
YUp, got Doctor Z a mirror that is the same size as one side of the tank so he can have a flare off with himself once or twice a day. My wife also bought me a new LED light that will better support plants and is in the correct light spectrum so I'm excited about that.

·
Banned
27,608 Posts
No but I'm probably going to upgrade Nemo from his 1 gallon to a 1.5 gallon due to the death of one of my fish last night.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I got 4 small (1.7 gallon) hex tank kits at this place called Hammers for some of my growing babies. bags and bags of colored gravel and plastic clips for snail food. Set 2 of the tanks, one in front of me, one in the bathroom and still looking for places for the other. I've got one of my fave baby boys in the one at my desk and he loves it! Can't wait to set the rest up. My fishies also got blood worms on the 21st and last night. (Our presents where handed out on the 21st :) ) Also got presents for the dog and cats (The cats got a betta shaped cat nip toy, lol) and I got polymer clay to make bettas with.. it was a very fishy Christmas.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Gave them their "Christmas buffet extravaganza" - brine shrimp yesterday morning, pellets for supper, then this morning each one got a mini shred of leftover white meat turkey or bloodworms if they didn't eat it and tonight I'm giving them some more brineshrimp or white worms. They didn't get gravy though ... but some of them went bonkers for the turkey, it was quite amusing :)

Actually tomorrow if it all pans out, I'm getting some much needed live plants for them all. The silk ones I have are too old and grungy and I'm too lazy atm to bleach them. And I'm going to ugrade Aztec and Solstice to 2.5gs.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I got them sponge filters for Christmas. Now if only I had the forsight to buy the pumps needed to push air through the sponge filters when I ordered the sponge filters in the first place. XD

They'll get the other half of their gift today. Along with new lights because of algae issues.

·
Banned
27,608 Posts
Good grief.
I thought of getting a couple of decorations for my tanks but decided not to. I'm going to have enough stuff to haul to Texas as it is.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I got Marco 2 plants, plant bulbs that will hopefully grow, a tiki statue, and of course he had a brine srimp feast for dinner :-D

·
Banned
9,614 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
its not here yet but my parents bought me a 5g mini bow for Aero my black orchid CT male so he can have more room(he's in a 2.5g right now) and a better tank the whar he's in now

and some fake plant should be coming with the tank.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts