Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ZergyMonster inspired me to get back into digital drawing. So I whipped out my Wacom Bamboo and started on using Spike as my guinea pig.
This piece is still being worked on. Needs some more details/smudging. But what do yall think so far?

Oh yeah, here is the reference picture
http://www.bettafish.com/picture.php?albumid=2318&pictureid=22791

·
Registered
785 Posts
Looks good, I recommend using the burn and dodge tool, it works wonders when you're working with shading. Shading = shape without shape you have a 2d image when you're trying to make a 3d image. Other than that, try not making his eye so round he looks even more like paper that way.

(I use a bamboo too (^_^))

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good, I recommend using the burn and dodge tool, it works wonders when you're working with shading. Shading = shape without shape you have a 2d image when you're trying to make a 3d image. Other than that, try not making his eye so round he looks even more like paper that way.

(I use a bamboo too (^_^))
Should his eye be more of an oval shape? I totally forgot about my burn/dodge tools. Been a while since I've been in PS xD

·
Registered
785 Posts
yeah you can either make it more ovular or you can also just shade the top or bottom of the eye to make it look like it has depth.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah you can either make it more ovular or you can also just shade the top or bottom of the eye to make it look like it has depth.
Okie dokie
Thanks so much :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts