Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a used 25 gallon tank and plan on dividing it into 3sections using this https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B015SL341M/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?smid=A1NX1V525JVRQF&psc=1 as dividers

Was just wondering if I need 3 sponge filters+heaters(100w) for each sections or only one heater+filter?

If I only need one heater + filter would it be better placed in the middle for equal distribution?

My choices for sponge filters are the CAF-10 and the CAF-25, which one(s) should I get if needing one for each divided section or if I only need one filter?

I'm a newbie at dividing tanks and this will be my first one so sorry for all of the questions

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Technically you could do one filter but the betta that got the filter would not really be able to fully escape the current, also, I have had one filter in a divided tank before and the other sections kept getting stagnate. I would probably do three smaller filters, one for each section. As for the heater I think one would do fine to heat up the whole tank, though make sure there is enough room for the fish and decor to not touch the heater.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I should get three CAF-10's then? and does it matter which section of the divided tank I place the heater?

I was also worried about the one divided section having the CAF-25 that it would be too strong for the betta that would be in that section so thanks for sharing that information :)

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
If it was me I would go with the three smaller filters. As for the heater, I dont think it matters much where it is as long as the dividers have even flow through them. You could always put it where you want then just see if it works there. :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Hmmm, it seems like it would just be whichever one you prefer, they are similar enough and each have good reviews. Perhaps go with the one that is the biggest? Because your tank will be larger than most. :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The one that's the biggest is the the one I found on amazon, so Ill get those ones instead, thanks :)

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I know you weren't asking about this but I just wanted to point in. Be sure your dividers are secure. With that material it seems like it'd be ok. I just had a fish slip the divider and fight with the other fish in that tank and both are pretty torn up so be sure there's no way anyone can slip past.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll be sure to, I'll be making sure the divider bottom is under the gravel and will keep a close eye on it, I'll be cycling my tank for a month so if I see any type of accessible openings I'll get different dividers

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Each section will have their own filtration, but I will only have two heaters(100w) and see how well it heats all of the sections, I'll have thermometers in each section to make sure they're at the temperature it's supposed to be at and if one isn't getting enough heat(the one without the heater), I'll buy another heater, I don't plan on adding fish until a month or two.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts