Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have had a 5.5 gal divided tank for my two bettas for about a year now. I have never had a problem before with my divided tank because while the divider was a clear mesh, the fish could only really see each others shadows.. My old divider became completely infested with algae so I had to throw it away. My replacement divider is SUPER see-through and my bettas have been flaring at eachother since I installed it. My bettas didnt flare very often before so I'm worried that the new divider will cause too much stress on them. Is this common, and will eventually get over it? I've had them in there with the new divider for about 20 mins. Any tips on how to fix the divider from being so translucent? Or any opinions on what I should do at this point? Thank you very much, any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
604 Posts
you could buy some tall plants to serve as a wall, or maybe tie some java moss to the mesh

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have clear mesh in one of mine... One of the boys was really annoyed initially. Within 24 hours, he grew used to seeing another betta on his "turf". I also used a lot of silk plants and lined both sides of the divider. Helped immensely!

Every once in awhile they flare, but it lasts only moments... and I think they like it! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.