1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's how it looks, so far:

DSC00151.jpg

DSC00152.jpg

Was kinda thinking about putting a plant in the center with the filter and heater.....good idea?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had a divided like that at one point, loved having the filter between the two because it prevents anyone from getting tails caught.

·
Registered
159 Posts
That looks like a fun project I might have to try some time. I've divided two tanks, but I've never considered putting a filter in the middle like that.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I really really like that Idea! Ive had 2 fish killed by the same stupid filter in my old 10 gal. I think i'll do what you did there with my next large tank :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Did you make your dividers yourself?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Did you make your dividers yourself?
There are instructions somewhere on this forum that show you how to make those dividers. It is easy and fun to do.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And after some errands to get stuff to finish it.....the gravel is done and about half the water is warming up in a 5 gallon bucket w/ extra heater!!

DSC00153.jpg

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
That tank looks lovely! ;D

·
Registered
960 Posts
Looks great! :-D I wanted to do one like this, but the ONLY filter I could find is massive....ugh

·
Registered
158 Posts
Looks great, I think I'll have to try something similar at some point

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks great! :-D I wanted to do one like this, but the ONLY filter I could find is massive....ugh
I bought an internal Fluval u1 for this 10 gallon tank...was looking into something smaller than the ones that came in both my 10 gallon kit for the boys and the 15 gallon kit that will eventually be a sorority tank. It's cheaper on Amazon than in stores.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's all set up and the filter and heater are both on....just waiting for the temp to rise a little bit before I even start conditioning the boys to go in:

DSC00155.jpg

DSC00156.jpg

·
Registered
960 Posts
I bought an internal Fluval u1 for this 10 gallon tank...was looking into something smaller than the ones that came in both my 10 gallon kit for the boys and the 15 gallon kit that will eventually be a sorority tank. It's cheaper on Amazon than in stores.
Yeah I don't shop online haha, I really should! Ah well, I'll just have to baffle my filter. Looks great!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank You!!
Also, if anyone want to know, the suction cups are helping to keep the dividers in place. I have them placed even in the gravel.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Will later post a pic of the tank, when it's dark and all the glow in the dark stuff is glowing!!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Well since you caught me on my thread, I was going to ask where you got this tank. But I do know now. xP

Anyway, the dividers, did you just anchor them in place with the surrounding gravel or did you glue them?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts