Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I was thinking about possibly making a divided betta tank. I would use a ten gallon tank with mesh dividers but make a gap between the two living spaces and cut the dividers high enough so they can't jump to the other side. I would filter and heat the tank and supply plenty of decor. How's does everyone feel about this? I've read both positive and negative responses

·
Registered
188 Posts
Good, best conditions. Should i divide my medium kritter keeper for my 2 bettas? Both are in 1.5 kritter keepers

·
Registered
823 Posts
The set up itself sounds great. It's one of the nicer ways of dividing the tank and since it is a 10 gallon, it gives them plenty of space for each fish :)

The only negative aspect of divided tanks are that if one betta gets sick, the other one will be in the same water, which makes it vulnerable if the illness is contagious.
I found being in a divided tank stressed my two bettas out and they started ripping their fins out and biting their tails like crazy. I separated them into their own tanks (one stayed in 10 gallon) and they stopped tail biting.

So it depends on the bettas. My friends have two divided 10 gallon tanks, and they have been working out great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts