Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of the greatest articles I have read on filtration and a neat idea on use of a tank sponge filter that also functions as the divider....

The second video shows how it is used as the divider....but watch both...at the very bottom is a link to the article on filtration....be sure and read this too....great info.....

http://www.angelsplus.com/FiltersCustom.htm

Enjoy....

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No interest?

I really thought all of you would enjoy at least the article-since so many questions are asked about filtration, cycling...etc..maybe the filter combined with a divider would not be possible for some-especially for the smaller tanks.....great idea none-the-less.....

Oh well......

·
Registered
610 Posts
Snce I'm considering starting a 10gal divided, this is awesome! My Dad is looking to start a 50gal tank and he might seriously be interested in this. Thanks for posting, I will show him this!

·
Registered
959 Posts
That is an amazing idea! :-D

Love this thread, as I am going to be dividing a 10-15 gallon for 3 Betta's, hopefully within the next few months. It will be my first divided tank :) I like the idea of this, and the fact that they can't see one another!

Thanks for posting this

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not bad on prices I bookmarked for next setup if I don't need divider style I will use for custom fit overflow 30 in. Long by 5 in wide for bio filtration before my plant detox box

·
Registered
163 Posts
This seems like a really neat idea, but the thickness required for keeping the sponge secure in the middle of the tank as a divider seems like it would not be a good idea for a smaller tank.

I will definitely be considering the sponge over under gravel filter next time I do a big clean of my goldfish tank. More filtering capacity is never a bad idea, especially with goldfish... And I could link my current filter up to it with no problems.

·
Registered
448 Posts
If I was going to do a divided tank I would definitely consider rigging up some thing like this but alas I do not do divided tanks. I like the idea of it as a divider I really do but in a regular tank not for me. Who really wants to take one of the sides of their tank away. I could understand if you was just doing a fish farm of sorts. For your everyday fish keeper I don't find this appealing.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It all depends on the placement on the tank - if it is in a corner, one end being blocked is not going to make a huge difference... And may actually be more attractive than the multiple tubes and such for a typical filter. It all depends on placement. I can easily picture a nice set up with it wedged a bit diagonally and hidden by a moss wall or some driftwood.
It is about the same level of attractiveness as an overflow system - the attractiveness is how little clutter exists in the rest of the tank.

A reverse power head hidden behind the filter wall and attached to an undergravel filter would provide some incredible filtration, and be very very inexpensive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.