Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am having some dividers made for a 20 long rimmed aquarium. They will be opaque and made of .25" thick acrylic. They will have .25" holes spaced evenly apart. This allows most Nano fish to utilize the entire tank while keeping the Betta secure in their sections. I have seen Neons, Pygym, Habrosus and Hastatus, Dario Dario, etc., swim in and out.

These dividers are so heavy I don't even use suction cups. However, you can anchor under the substrate (see photo). Mine fit so snuggly in the tanks I bought at PetSmart that they do not need side suction cups so it's a cleaner look. You can use a 3" wide strip of stainless mesh or fabric mesh across the top if you wish. But with the canopy fitting right on the slip of the inside rim I've not found it necessary.

Using Krylon Fusion, these dividers can be spray painted any color. I have done so with no issues. I let them dry for three days before using in the tank.

Cost will be $15.00 per divider + shipping. Less sturdy dividers are selling for $20+ on eBay and elsewhere. I will also be getting the same dividers except for 10 gallon rimmed tanks. I'm waiting for pricing.

If you might be interested please send a PM. Still waiting for the ETA.

BTW, the bottom photo is how I like to divide a 20 long: Sections on end are 7" wide and center is around 16". I swap the Betta from one section to another.

Thanks!

20180520_190234.jpg

SuctionCups.jpg

LittleWillieSection1.jpg

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
oh nice! too bad I don't need them. but maybe down the line.

·
Super Moderator
18,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Note: Person is also making dividers for 10 gallon tanks. The cost to me is the same as for the 20 long dividers so the 10 will also be $15 plus shipping.

·
Super Moderator
18,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: Dividers should be here in a couple of weeks.

Just so you know how sturdy are these dividers, the ones for a 20 long weight around 18.5 ounces. Pretty sure even a Betta fullback couldn't move them. ;-)

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
So haha! I just bought me a 10 Gallon tank and want to divide it for my two betta boys. Let me know how these work and I might buy them!

·
Super Moderator
18,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can either anchor them under the substrate with the suction cup binder holders I pictured above (I buy mine on eBay). Or, if the substrate is 2"-3" deep you can go without the suction cups. The fit just under the bottom of the rim that holds a glass canopy. I have two 10 gallon dividers I spray painted black to go with my black sand. If you're interested send a PM and I'll give you a price. I'll have to hunt up the second divider but I'm looking at the other one as I type.

BTW, two tanks are at my end of the sofa. I can watch the Pygmy Cory shoal go in single file through the holes one member at a time. Really cute!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts