Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[ this is a repost. My apologies to mods! I wasn't exactly sure where to put it ]

Hello! I'm Sage, and I currently own two very healthy boys, Harlot and Merlotte, who are each in their own individual 1gal Minibow tanks. Now before you worry, I do biweekly half-water changes, their temps are constantly monitored, pH levels intact, filtered water, proper feeding, and all the knowledge I have regarding Bettas are poured into my two lovlies, who are both known to make the occasional bubble nest. So although their tanks are on the smaller side, they are still happy and healthy (and old) fish.

While I know some of you may say they need bigger tanks, I'm currently living in a dormroom in which such is impossible. HOWEVER, I am, like the rest of you, an obsessed Betta enthusiast, and I would like to rescue two more.

This is where this tank I'm considering comes in. I figure if I leave the two new boys in their cups next to each other long enough, they'll adapt to each other's presence. Is this true? How affective are dividers ... specifically, Minibow dividers. This is the tank in question that I would like to purchase: http://www.petco.com/product/12351/A...t=OnSiteSearch

A tad bigger per fish than my other tanks too. What are you guys' opinions on the matter? I would love some advice! Thank you! :grin:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Ack, sorry no. I'm not a big fan of dividing a 2.5 gallon.

There would be less room for your Bettas to swim if you divided that 2.5g than your individual 1g tanks, Bettas swim horizontally like most fish.

If you want to divide a tank the minimum is a 5g, or one of those 7.7g long Petco bookcase shelves, those ones are really great for Bettas.

So yeah, I would say its not a good idea to divide a 2.5g, the bioload would be really high.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All right, thank you Micho! I definitely don't want to reduce my Bettas' swimming range, so this is good to know. I appreciate it. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts