Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want a happy healthy betta fish and do what i can to make sure I have everything i need. Even if its not necessary i want to explore all options.

here are some pictures.

5 gallon tank with a 50 watt aqueon pro heater set to 79F, a silk plant attempting to hide the heater to no avail and a little t-rex skull toy i sanded the insides smooth for him to swim through.

might be tough to see but its at exactly 79F

top to bottom: prime by seachem, freeze dried blood worms (for treats on occasion), omega one betta buffet, new life spectrum betta formula, and betta bio-gold by hikari. I feed him 4 pellets a day, 2 by one brand and 2 from another and cycle threw them evenly and fast him on sundays.

that's a picture of my pretty boy, got him from petco hes a DT male.

I do 50% water changes once a week and treat all 5 gallons with prime on the same day once weekly. I really want to see if there is anything else i need for him to make his life longer and happier.

·
Registered
632 Posts
It looks absolutely great. But you need one thing... and it cannot be bought... and its a little thing called "Love" ;) Cheers! BTW handsome boy! Love his colors!

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Excellent idea on the food containers... I may have to buy a couple containers of the food I use and do that...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks absolutely great. But you need one thing... and it cannot be bought... and its a little thing called "Love" ;) Cheers! BTW handsome boy! Love his colors!
he gets plenty of love :)

and yea the food containers are great i love using all the best foods i dont think there are any other types anyone use

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I would get some more silk plants, seems a tad bare. He will also enjoy the dense plants because bettas come from dense areas and do not being in the open.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Great tank. You have one lucky fish! He even has a buffet!!! :-D I have the same T-Rex skull in my 5 gallon. My fish loves it. So you asked what more you could get... well not much except more plants. But that's just me, I love when the tanks are full of hiding space and my fish can rest or swim through the plants, and they usually love exploring too. I have one of those silk floating plants and he loves to use it to build his bubble nests.

If you feel adventurous (lol) you can go get a little moss ball. Those are SO GREAT! I suck at keeping plants but they are super easy to keep and bettas love them.

Good luck!

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
That's pretty good overall :) I think the others covered the "what else" :lol:

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Youre pretty much set! Good job, you clearly did a lot of research into caring for your little guy :)
I'd probably go get some aquarium salt, you can get a big box for pretty cheap, it doesn't go bad as far as I know. It's good to have on hand in case something happens and you aren't able to get to a store easily :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks alot guys i will add some more silk plants in the back of the tank, I want to keep the foreground bare thats where i view and feed him

anyone have literature on moss ball care? one day i plan on doing live plants in a bigger tank i just never looked into it maybe a moss ball is a good start.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Apparently moss balls do well in low lights. if one side is getting brown, turn it over =D If the moss ball is going brown you can also place it in front of a window. Other than that..... not much to say.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the chi and if you would be willing to try live plants, get a few stems of anacharis. Very easy plants to maintain. Even those little LEDs are enough to keep those alive and growing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts