Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My betta Ruben had to be ousted to the divided 20g after one of my boys snacked on another betta's tail -_- he's always been a glass surfer but I was controlling his lighting time in the 5g at he was mostly calm. But now with my room light having to be on a lot he has already blown holes in his tail and dorsal. It's not so much him reacting to the other bettas, as he keeps going to the back of the tank. I have the background covered and the filter pushing him away, but he is bound and determined to flare and blow his fins!!

Anyways, if I were to get a large bowl/round tank would the rounded shape reduce his glass surfing?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Maybe put some craft mesh on the back of the tank to break up the reflection? You should be able to put it inside the tank. Bonus if you could tie some moss to it to break up the reflection even more?

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
You can tape white paper up against the back and the sides. Simple white computer paper would work perfectly for this. It works like a charm too.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not really. Both tanks have papered backgrounds and its not made a difference.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
i've always had good luck with taping white paper up against the sides...

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used it for Shreddy before and Ruben now (kept the paper on) and I didn't see a difference in their behavior :/

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Round bowls won't reduce the surfing, I had a male years ago that would just swim around the bowl in a circle nonstop.. only stopping to eat and sleep lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts