Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Recently I've been thinking about buying a 10 gallon aquarium. I had to recently throw away my 5 1/2 gallon tank because of some nasty weird stuff in my water. In that tank, I had cycled it at first but I quickly realized that my betta did not like filters at all, so I just took it out completely. I personally hate cycling tanks because I just know it takes soooo long! I've always heard about these bacterial start up additives you can add to your new aquarium to start up the cycle but I've always kind of questioned it and never really trusted it. But I was wondering if any of you guys have ever used it to start up your cycling process. If you've tried to see if they've worked in general and what brands are best. I really appreciate it, thank you!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm thrilled that the products work! So how would you introduce it to your new tank?
About how long do you wait until it'd be safe to add in your fish?
& should I go based off of the label or should I add in however much I want?
Do you do water changes while your tank is cycling?
And when I'm going to add my fish, do I just accumulate them and put them in or do I have to do a water change, acclimate them & then put them in?

Oh & yes I have considered a sponge filter but I've been told they don't work as well as a hang-on external filter because it's not as strong; and also because I've been told that they're noisy due to the air pump. Regardless, if/when I get my 10 gallon, Lotus will have to get used to filters again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts