Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought Ziggy Stardust 24 days ago I did so thinking he was a red and blue bi-color DT. Around 3 weeks after I bought him I noticed that he was getting some brighter orange red color on his head but figured he was just maturing. Well today I woke up to a startling change.

First picture is the day after I got him, second picture is around 2 weeks later. 3rd picture is last week when I put him in the 5 gal tank. The rest are from today.
DSCF6022.JPG

·
Super Moderator
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea but it will be interesting to see how he winds up.
I would have never guessed he's a marble, but it's either that or he's got some weird skin condition going on. He's not acting sick at all, good appetite, no flashing, no lethargy.

It looks like he's even lighter now, then when I took that picture around 12PM today.

·
Super Moderator
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today's pictures. Looks like I'm right and he's a marble. Just goes to show you really can't tell just by looking at them when you buy them.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Wow, how neat that it happened so fast! I've always thought it would be fun to have a betta with the marble gene but haven't gotten lucky yet. Thanks for taking pics to show off his changes.

·
Super Moderator
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, how neat that it happened so fast! I've always thought it would be fun to have a betta with the marble gene but haven't gotten lucky yet. Thanks for taking pics to show off his changes.
Thanks and your welcome!

I had one in the past, but I bought him because I suspected he'd marble. He went from white, with a couple of back scales, to black with rust red patches in his fins.

I didn't even suspect that this guy would marble, I honestly thought he'd stay the same. Now I'm wondering how he'll look when he's done.

·
Registered
Sisyphus and Hegel (the hamster) and back home in Canada; a cat Hazel and two chihuahuas
63 Posts
So beautiful! I was hoping my Sisyphus would marble since he certainly looked like he would, and he has a bit (gained a few more patches) but nothing like this. Stunning!

·
Super Moderator
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So beautiful! I was hoping my Sisyphus would marble since he certainly looked like he would, and he has a bit (gained a few more patches) but nothing like this. Stunning!
Thanks!

Sisyphus may still marble. Usually they marble a lot more slowly then Ziggy has been, so don't lose hope!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts