Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pass by Scout's tank, and he comes to greet me. So I crouch down, and- "Hey BeeBee! Whatchu doin'? Huh? You playin' in your log? Huh? Aw, you're so cuuuuute! ;););)"

Lol, I'm such a fool.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I used to actively do so until I was told they only hear vibrations from sounds we produced rather than words. I still do it but just because I feel like talking that way, not because I want them to be more attuned to my voice as with my dogs, hammies and rabbits.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I do sometimes lol, but I mostly pucker my lips and air kiss the tank :lol:, not actually kissing the glass, but kissing the air near them, Rocket likes it, but Comet gets scared and torpedos to the back of the tank :lol:, I know that's weird, but lol I cant stop doing it for some reason :lol:.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I admit it. I know he can't hear me, but I do it anyway. I can't help but go "Look at your little face! Who's a cute fish?" when I go up to feed him lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I pass by Buddy's tank I always stop and say....
"Hi! Buddy, awe you're so cute and stare at him for like 5 minutes he looks at me awkwardly. Haha he's so adorable.:)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's funny though. It's like they're kids- you just wanna hug 'em when they're that cute :)

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Yup, I'll admit I'm guilty of this :) My betta Wormy also seems to really respond when I just smile at him. If I'm just looking at the tank he will come and stare at me, but when I smile at him he just goes nuts and does his wiggle dance. Sometime in the past few months I've had him he must have learned to associate smiling with good things? It's cute anyway!

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
no... I never talk to my bettas in baby voices... :roll: hehehe

·
Registered
72 Posts
When I greet Oliver I usually say "Ollllliiiiverrrr!" in a higher-pitched voice. When he comes up to the front of the tank, I give him kisses without touching the glass, but he still backs up a bit as if to say "mooooommmm, no kisses!" My family thinks I'm weird whenever they come visit me.

·
Registered
495 Posts
When I greet Oliver I usually say "Ollllliiiiverrrr!" in a higher-pitched voice. When he comes up to the front of the tank, I give him kisses without touching the glass, but he still backs up a bit as if to say "mooooommmm, no kisses!" My family thinks I'm weird whenever they come visit me.
I do the same thing :lol:

·
Registered
606 Posts
I do sometimes lol, but I mostly pucker my lips and air kiss the tank :lol:, not actually kissing the glass, but kissing the air near them
Thank gods I'm not the only one who does this. I talk to all mine in way cute baby voice. Gadreal hates it, he'll just give this look and go behind his plants... Esmeralda and Sherlock just wriggle a lot, like they almost always do. Silly fish. :p

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Glad I'm not the only person who talks to my betta like he's a baby.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Sometimes I do, and sometimes I find myself yelling at them if they are being naughty.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I talk to all my animal's in a high pitched baby voice. Fishy wishy, doggy woggy, puddy wuddy cat... I regret nothing.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts