Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Barney's been inactive lately. We've gotten him a bigger tank and have been good about his water changes & temps. He doesn't look like he has any symptoms of the diseases or parasites that I've seen mentioned (no white spots, no gold dust-like stuff, no cottony film on him)...so i cant really figure out what's going on with him. Today I cleaned his tank and put in some Simply Betta Fungus & Bacteria cure in addition to the water conditioner. Not sure if this will help, but if anyone has any ideas....your input is much appreciated! Thanks!

by the way-- maybe he's bloated? i tried giving him a mashed little piece of pea but he didn't even attempt to eat it. He just stares off and doesn't react to me or anything else going on in the room. Please take a loot at Barney

http://picasaweb.google.com/claire.sumalinog/UntitledAlbum?feat=directlink

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Yep I agree. Looks like SBD. Like she said, fast him for a few days then give him some Daphnia and hopefully he'll be alright.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hikari makes great freeze dried daphnia. I would certainly fast a few days as well, then feed small doses of daphnia for a couple days before resuming normal feeding.

Betta's can live up to 4 weeks with no food, so a couple days of fasting won't hurt. I fast mine 1 day a week as part of their feeding schedule.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts