Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your Betta is resting? Or am I the only one?

When he knows I’m in the room, he’s usually gallantly swimming around or swimming on the side where I’m at.

But when I leave the room, and re-enter some time later he’s resting on his hammock or one of the plants. So if I don’t see him moving or moving slowly, I’ll race up and be like you good?! Then he moves. Or he’s in his cave at the very top peeking through, and he’ll poke his head out.

Do you think this is a game child?? Giving your mother a heart attack! Lol So when he swims out of his cave or towards me he opens his mouth once or twice. I feel like he’s telling me “chill” or “I got you mama!” His new game yesterday was hide ‘n seek, and he hid on me several times until he saw my ugly mug looking for him. I can never get a pic of him on his hammock though. As soon as he sees me he swims to me.

Why are they so perfect?! 😩
Wood Bone Art Artifact Skull

Jaw Wood Bone Art Artifact

·
Registered
6 Bettas, Innumerable Snails, 3 Mice, 1 Madagascar hisser, 3 Halloween hissers
3,840 Posts
Honestly, I mostly just worry if I can't find them when they're sick.

Then it's really only a few moments of panicked searching to make sure they're alive.

I think it's cause my guys generally hang where we're both in the mutual sight-line of each other. So I almost always know of their whereabouts :LOL:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Fr tho! It's so scary. My female is currently sick with dropsy and I'm so scared she is just gonna give up on me so when she rests I panic. Same with my male. He is a jumper and he hides so I always think he jumped when I can't find him lol.
I’m sorry to hear about your female! I really hope she pulls through!!! LOL @ your male!! He better stay put & he is playing with you…

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly, I mostly just worry if I can't find them when they're sick.

Then it's really only a few moments of panicked searching to make sure they're alive.

I think it's cause my guys generally hang where we're both in the mutual sight-line of each other. So I almost always know of their whereabouts :LOL:
That is adorable!!! Y’all ever having staring contests??? 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
6 Bettas, Innumerable Snails, 3 Mice, 1 Madagascar hisser, 3 Halloween hissers
3,840 Posts
That is adorable!!! Y’all ever having staring contests??? 🤣🤣🤣
One-sided ones!

I'll be doing whatever and noting them out of my peripheral. They prefer resorting to full-on staring and if I walk over it's "Hello! Hi!!" or "FEED ME!". They act like they don't get attention but they actually get so much!! :LOL:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One-sided ones!

I'll be doing whatever and noting them out of my peripheral. They prefer resorting to full-on staring and if I walk over it's "Hello! Hi!!" or "FEED ME!". They act like they don't get attention but they actually get so much!! :LOL:
I low key was wondering if you both were side eyeing each other 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
Carnation - Male/Red/Veiltail Betta
35 Posts
hah!! in the last pic he just pops out like "hullo strange hooman"

• Haha
Reactions: Sbirtell
1 - 8 of 8 Posts