Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it's not THAT silly to others but I think it kinda is. My betta fish, Storm, a male crown tail, flares at me when I'm in my room and my light is off. Its kinda funny cuz he hardly ever flares really and he is healthy. My room isn't even that dark what with the light from the aquarium and a little tap light for my baby rats. I tested by turning my light on and he stopped after that. I'm not concerned or anything, just thought it was kinda silly and wanted to share it with all of you :) .

·
Registered
210 Posts
Maybe when the light is off he cannot see you as well, so he thinks any movement must be another betta? LOL. Silly guy!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
with his tank light on but the room lights off he sees his reflection in every surface of the glass, leading him to flare all over the place. it's actually pretty common, and a decent substitute if you don't have a mirror small enough to move around his tank for him.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
with his tank light on but the room lights off he sees his reflection in every surface of the glass, leading him to flare all over the place. it's actually pretty common, and a decent substitute if you don't have a mirror small enough to move around his tank for him.
That makes sense, I didn't think of that. But I think I'd rather imagine that he's playing with me xD

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
That makes sense, I didn't think of that. But I think I'd rather imagine that he's playing with me xD
if you wanna have a LOT of fun playing with him, get a laser pointer or a thin-beam flashlight. he'll chase the dot/beam all over just like a cat.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Mine flares at me when her tank light is off and the lights in the room are dim. She also flares at me when she's pooping. I guess she likes to go in private :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Homegrown terror, I think I will do that! That seems like fun. And I have cats too so I know they'll like it if I use it to play with them too :).

Sainthogan, that's really funny xD. Guess fishies need privacy to do their business too hehe.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
if you wanna have a lot of fun playing with him, get a laser pointer or a thin-beam flashlight. He'll chase the dot/beam all over just like a cat.
omg i need to try this right now. Afk

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
if you wanna have a LOT of fun playing with him, get a laser pointer or a thin-beam flashlight. he'll chase the dot/beam all over just like a cat.
Jasper likes when I turn the heater on and off because of the light. I unplug it and the light goes off and she darts at it and stares at it. When she's just about to swim away again I plug it back in and when the little light comes on, she darts right back to it and stares at it. It's so funny I kept doing it last night then realized I should stop so I don't short my heater out. haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.