Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't see signs of clear spots yet, as he has been off of the rot for many weeks.
Parameters:
Nitrate: 0
Nitrite: 0
Hardness: 150
Alkalinity: 80-120
Ph: 6.8
Is there something I can use to help with his fins?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm trying to figure out what part of his fins you're talking about, is it his tail?
I can tell your little guy is pretty active by the photo attempts 😂
If you could try to snap slightly clearer or more still photo it might be easier for us to see what you're referring to?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Compared to the first photo i would venture yes. As pp said, he must be a busy one
He is quite active. He's a year old. I can't get a better photo, he's just super crazy. By the looks of his tail, there are dark red lines in his tail fin, along with the pointy tips on the edge of his tail being clear, is that healing or is it fin rot?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Plus, I haven't seen any fin melting progression, so I THINK that is good? Do you know products I can use to help his fin growth?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Water Plant Fish Flower Grass
The first photo was taken on June 9th when his fin rot started. He was on 3-4 weeks of treatment, because it wouldn't stop.
Plant Leaf Organism Bird Terrestrial plant
this image was taken just now. The clear stuff is what I'm talking about on his back tail, but on the second photo, on the tips sticking out. A note that the clear part on his anal fin has always been there, a unique discoloration. 😊 Why is the not damaged tips of the tail, healing, but not the "damaged" areas? And if it starts to heal, would his tail be longer than his tail when it was fully grown? I can show you a photo of when I first got him, when his tail didn't have fin rot.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plant Botany Water Organism Pet supply
This photo was taken, well over 2 months ago, I think mainly in the beginning of June. He was in great condition when I bought him, other than the clear spot and weird gills, but he is doing fantastic. He did have some clear lining at the end of his tail, I think that is leftover clear lining from his tail, when it was full? I'm not sure.

·
Registered
64 Posts
High photo difficulty for this one 😂 but if you're seeing clear edges that's fin regrowth!
Sometimes when they're still young they'll have clear edges because their fins haven't fully grown out yet, but you say he's a year old?
If that's the case, it's unlikely that his fins will get any longer than what you're used to.
Just make sure you're feeding regularly with high protein foods and keep his water clean, that will help speed up the healing process 😊

1 - 10 of 10 Posts