Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
I've had some in my 3g tank for almost 2 months. It hasn't colonized the filter or the substrate yet. I wrapped a small clump's worth around the rocks when I first got it, and I've only had to take some out once. I wrapped some around driftwood in my other tank a few weeks ago, and it just started looking bushy. It hasn't grown terribly fast in my tanks. I have high light, if it makes a difference.

The stuff is pretty easy to control. The pieces sink pretty quickly, so you can just clump them together a bit and set them down somewhere.

I'm not sure how it would grow out of the tank, since it dries out if it's left dry for too long...maybe if it was touching the water somehow?

·
Registered
202 Posts
With low light and no Co2, Java Moss will grow very slowly. However, I dosed excel and had medium lighting in my 3 gallon and the golfball I started with, tripled in size within less than a month...your call :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.