Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got quincy two days ago he is a turquise veil tail he lives in a filtered 65 litre tank by himself im doing daily 30 percent water changes :) i put him in a .5 gallon bowl with aquarium salts for 12 hours last night he is very active can i cure by doing daily water changes and how much also im feeding him freeze dried bloodworms until i get my flakes in the mail thanks!!! :-D also it coud be some fake plants that have damaged him but im not sure also his tank is around 74 f and im getting my haeter on monday the 18th

Attachments

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
It doesn't really look like fin rot.

I would take him out of the .5 gallon! You cannot keep a fish in there, even as a temporary solution.

Don't use AQ salt, it actually doesn't really help with fin rot. Just do daily 100% water changes for at least a week. Keep his water warm so add the heater as soon as you get it.

Your food concerns me. You should never feed your betta freeze dried foods or flakes since they lead to bloating and constipation. You should only feed them pellets that are low in fillers. The forum recommends Omega One Betta Buffet Pellets or New Life Spectrum Betta Formula, Small Fish Formula or All Purpose Formula.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.