Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first bought my Betta, (Alaska) he looked exactly like this except the last half of his fins were Snow White. He's perfectly healthy and active, I change his water quite often, he's in a 5 gallon tank and he seems quite happy. I just want to make sure that he's okay. He's eating well and everything so I don't know!! He does change colour often though, at times he's turquoise or green, sometimes even black or dark navy. Also those little dots on his fins, what are they?? Is it fin rot? Also what type of Betta is Alaska? Here is a photo...

Blue Cobalt blue Fish Electric blue Fish

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi! You have a lovely betta there, as far as I can see, I can't see his fins at all. It's really weird, have you seen him nipping at his own fins? I know my betta did that because the pet store starved him, but I don't know about you. What diet is your betta fish on? Mine is on one week is omega one color-enhancing flakes, then the other week is omega one pellts w/ bloodworms, sometimes your fish's diet can affect this. Check the packaging/box and if it says it has bone meal or fish meal, try to change your fish's diet, bone meal is crushed up fish bones, So it's unhealthy for a betta as far as I know, also, how long have you noticed this happening, and are there any white/yellow dot around his gills/fins/face? That could be a sign of ich, a fatal betta disease. (Sorry for the lecture, but I hoped this helped!)

·
Super Moderator
22,880 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! :wave:

Please fill out the form at the top of this section: "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING....." Without it we'd have a hard time doing any real diagnosing or help on fixing.

Do you have a photo of when you first got Alaska? And a full tank shot? I would venture to say he's just changing colors. He might be fin biting but the form will help answer that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts