Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, when buying a heater for one of my older betta, I impulsively bought this guy--Zar'roc is his name (we name all our fish after swords) and not only can I not really identify what color he is, I'm concerned he might have fin rot?

He's seemed pretty healthy so far, is pretty active and eating well, but I don't want fin rot to get serious if it's mild as is.

Is it normal for them to have spots like that? None of our others have been dotted quite like that, lol.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Fin Biting for sure. Bettas like yours usually do that because of their fins. The Aquarium Salt won't help much as your Betta will keep biting. :/ Clean Water is the best for right now for infection prevention. Beautiful boy he is. ;)

·
Banned
9,614 Posts
Fin Biting for sure. Bettas like yours usually do that because of their fins. The Aquarium Salt won't help much as your Betta will keep biting. :/ Clean Water is the best for right now for infection prevention. Beautiful boy he is. ;)
I meant aquarium salt is good for fin rot but not for fin nipping more stimulation is good for fin nippers.

·
Banned
9,614 Posts
If it's fin biting (which my roommate thought it might've been), will more stuff in his tank help? How can I tell the difference between that and fin rot?
Live food Betta toys plants lava rocks driftwood helps if you observe himm you will most likely see it happen wwait till the middle of the night and use night vision goggles:lol:.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
I meant aquarium salt is good for fin rot but not for fin nipping more stimulation is good for fin nippers.
Oh, then I understand. ;)
If it's fin biting (which my roommate thought it might've been), will more stuff in his tank help? How can I tell the difference between that and fin rot?
Yep, that will help A LOT. More decorations, interaction, etc will help. :) Rot is like his fins keep getting smaller and the edges are all black. Biting is like a crescent shaped mark or a CT's fin shape but at one certain area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts