Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm new to owning betta fish, and I bought my first betta "dojo" he's a dumbo, and a week later I bought "keeko" she's a crown tail, I've been doing some research about having two bettas in the same tank. First I had them in separate tanks then put them in the same tank with a divider, well today I woke up to find that they had slightly pushed the divider giving just enough room for. Keeko to slip through, I don't know exactly when it happened during the night, but they were just hanging out together, during feeding time they ate like normal no fighting or anything and they're still just kicking it fine. Anybody else pair they're bettas?

·
Registered
384 Posts
A friend of mine once woke to her two male bettas (who were living in a divided 30 gallon) swimming together, side by side.

She separated them again (as she should).

I also know someone who did have success keeping a male and a female in a 30 gallon for quite some time before they suddenly decided to fight each other one evening. Now the male is dead due to injuries.

Sooo yeah. Maybe get a better divider? I say better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
548 Posts
5 gallons is no where near large enough to even attempt it. I suggest re-enforcing your divider immediately. As said, they will eventually turn on each other and one will very likely end up dead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts