Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did something stupid. Hope someone can help. I came home and somehow one betta tank (I have 8) had temp of 94! I got so worried, even though the betta seemed just fine, that I immediately took out enough water and adjusted temp to 84, where I normally keep it. I have maintained bettas for a year or so at this temp, no issues. BTW, the tank did not even have a heater in it. Well, when the fish reacted to the 84 temp, he freaked. He was hiding behind the filter, swimming erratically, flaring, and didnt want to eat. I set up a small tank with 92 water, and he's in there now. Seems better, more calm, still not interested in eating. Will he survive the night??? I feel awful. Any suggestions of what I should do further?

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Is it possible that the thermometer in that tank is off? Maybe he was just hiding because the temperature dropped so quickly, too. I don't have enough experience with temperature to know if he'll be okay over night. I know mine was when I had a heater malfunction, but there's a chance that he was just tough enough to endure hardship like the fish kept in unheated, dirty bowls for years on end.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts