Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My plakat has been bloated for a few days now and even more so since yesterday as my mom fed him without me knowing. He just had a 100% water change yesterday and is now in his QT home. He cannot swim down to the bottom at all and floats right back up, he also is stuck to his side whenever he's trying to just idle and relax.

I just cannot tell whether or not it's dropsy or constipation! I've never had a dropsy problem so I don't know anything besides what I've seen online, I really don't want to misdiagnose anything.

Sorry about the picture quality, if it's no good then I'll take then again (I used flash btw, so all that gold is probably just iridescence since my other white plakat is the same iridescence).

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Indus isn't getting any better!

Alright, so his bloat is mostly gone, but he's super clamped now. He has a heater and there is AQ salt in his QT. He's still has that golden shine and it looks worse IMHO, I've been treating him with some Seachem Paraguard as well. HE IS STILL ALWAYS ON HIS SIDE - HELP!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
It may be constipation but if you see even a hint of raised scales you might go ahead and treat for dropsy while including epsom salt in the regimen. The reason being is that it's treatable early on but impossible to cure later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts