Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok for double tail bettas what do you use to refer to them? I use DT since, that seems to be the official acronym for them. I see DBT and it takes me a minuet to get what you're saying. I don't understand why some people use this when I came across this information quite easily when I started.

I understand the confusion with deltas which the acronym for them is DeT. Also I've noticed some people referring to spade tails as ST which is also false as ST stands for single tail.

So kind of a rant but I also want to know how this whole thing started.

·
Registered
785 Posts
That is why I hardly use acronyms or abbreviations at all. All they do is confuse: me, other people, and people who don't know about the subject matter. I understand it makes it faster to talk about certain things but come on! Typing is fast enough as it is so a few more letters here and there can't hurt.

(What irritates me to no end is when people say letters over the words they represent. A word is just as fast to say as a letter!)

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is why I hardly use acronyms or abbreviations at all. All they do is confuse: me, other people, and people who don't know about the subject matter. I understand it makes it faster to talk about certain things but come on! Typing is fast enough as it is so a few more letters here and there can't hurt.

(What irritates me to no end is when people say letters over the words they represent. A word is just as fast to say as a letter!)
I agree with you on that! Haha.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
I agree. I use VT, CT, HM and PK, since they can't be confused, but for things like double tails and delta tails, I just type it out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I always wonder why most of people call double tail, why not split tail, because the tail has been split in 2. I always call split tail not double tail.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it's not quite like a gold fish where there really seems to be two tails.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
+1 Bombalurina. I do the same

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
I have never seen Det used till now. To me DBL - Double tail, DT = Delta tail

I very seldom see doubletails sold though- not in alaska and not in this part of NY. Although my 1st betta was a double tail. However i just randomly picked a fish off the shelf since the employees at petco were ignoring me.

·
Registered
785 Posts
By far my favorite tail is a Half Moon of course they are the most expensive type. And second favorite would be double veil tails. The Veil tails I see around here in Iowa have some really cool color. Just sucks I always seem to find an even cooler color each time I go and I have no more space for tanks!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
i hust call double tails twin tails

1 - 11 of 11 Posts