Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning on buying some duckweed. Anyone know a good online place to buy it?

Also, I have a small empty pond that I would like to grow it in so I have an infinite amount cause Im sure the koi will eat it all fast. What is the best way to keep the duckweed thriving and growing?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Really duckweed is a weed. It doesn't need any special things, just water and light. The brighter the light the more growth. Sunlight will have that stuff growing like crazy!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I can just leave it outside in the sun to grow. Do I need to de-chlorinate the water?

Do you know where I can find a reliable person to buy it from. I saw some good ones on ebay, but just wondering

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I bought mine from Carolinabiological.com because they grow it about 2 hours south of where I live and overnight shipping got it to my house the same day. All the stuff really needs is light and water. I can't keep it in my goldfish tank because they eat it all within a day or two. You might have the same problem with your koi. It grows in my betta tanks like mad, so once a week I move it into the goldfish tank to give them a snack.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
about how much did they send you? Their website says like 100 to 150? I that about half a cup or so?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
It was enough to cover the top of my 10 gal betta tank pretty well. In about a week I had enough to move a few handfuls to another tank. You honestly don't need a lot. I put just a few little leaves in my 29 gal and now the top is covering in the stuff. I have to remove it weekly to stop it from chocking everything else out.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
I bought mine from seller Tadege (I think) on Aquabid. Mine didn't do to well but now it's in all my tubs and with my lighting it should start growing more.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
I have to scoop some of mine off every day just to allow my fish to get to the surface of the tank. The stuff spawns like a trio of guppies.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha good thing I have an extra pond thing to put it in then. Does it need dechlore though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts