Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! So I am absolutely in love with dumbo bettas, problem is here in Canada my petsmart and other LFS dont sell them. I cant find any for sale and I'd prefer not to buy from Aquabid because of the high prices. If anyone has or knows someone who has Dumbos I would love to chat. Preferably in Canada but if they're in the U.s I am willing to pay more shipping fees. Preferably under $50.. Thanks guys :(

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I'm unsure but I believe Chard56 on AquaBid has some dumbos, he's in the US so shipping won't be as bad.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Yep, just search his name and his sales should pop up.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
The Betta Shop in MN sometimes has dumbo bettas, usually HMPK they will ship. They're really good about it too.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you would like, I can go to my pet store and ship one to you? I'll only charge the cost of the betta and shipping. Near me they're mostly white with some blue. Not really unique!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you would like, I can go to my pet store and ship one to you? I'll only charge the cost of the betta and shipping. Near me they're mostly white with some blue. Not really unique!
Do you think you could show me some pictures when you get a chance? What kind of tails and all! Pm me so we could talk about price! Thanks so much!

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
They have Priority Shipping for $15 I think, they should be offering that again soon, just in the colder weather they require express shipping which is spendy

·
Super Moderator
18,778 Posts
Shipping from one country to another isn't that high when you figure the costs involved: Import/Export license, a permit for each fish shipped to another country, time to pack well enough to go through customs, proper supplies, trip to the post office/airport, etc. They don't make a whole lot of $$. It's not like they just thow them in a bag and hope for the best...well, they shouldn't.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Shipping from one country to another isn't that high when you figure the costs involved: Import/Export license, a permit for each fish shipped to another country, time to pack well enough to go through customs, proper supplies, trip to the post office/airport, etc. They don't make a whole lot of $$. It's not like they just thow them in a bag and hope for the best...well, they shouldn't.
That's very true! I just can't find any dumbos I like on AB (I'm not comfortable with it either, I feel like the cost will end up above $50 all the time..) and I'm hoping to find some soon.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 17 of 17 Posts