Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know what to do, now my fries are dying everday about 20 nos, i do water change everyday 100% in a 100 ltr or 20 gallon tank, its has been like 6 weeks old , at the starting not a single fry dies but at the end of 4 weeks it started dying , i ve lost more than than half the spawn , my spawn are about like 550fries approx at the end of 4 week now it is like 150. some body please help me please please

·
Registered
169 Posts
What are you feeding them?? What is the temp?? How old are they? Don't change the water 100% everyday! it shocks them. Try warm 50% water changes every other day. You should be feeding LIVE foods. If you are feeding pellets or flakes, they will not eat them!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What are you feeding them?? What is the temp?? How old are they? Don't change the water 100% everyday! it shocks them. Try warm 50% water changes every other day. You should be feeding LIVE foods. If you are feeding pellets or flakes, they will not eat them!
i feed them baby brine shrimps twice every day as mentioned above it has been like 6 weeks old

·
Registered
169 Posts
If they are floating they have swim bladder disorder. You should be feeding a variety of foods, not just BBS. They could have a protein issue. Do you have a heater, even 6 week old fry need heaters. If you keep doing 100% water changes every day they will all die. Do not net them. I would not even move them. If you are netting them, that is your problem. Use properly aged and water also use a chemical reducer or water conditioner. Make sure not to dump your fry into the tank. They will get issues from that. Make sure you use the same temp of the water when you do changes, if it is not the right temp they will die. Last, if you bred to DTs together that is why they are dying.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If they are floating they have swim bladder disorder. You should be feeding a variety of foods, not just BBS. They could have a protein issue. Do you have a heater, even 6 week old fry need heaters. If you keep doing 100% water changes every day they will all die. Do not net them. I would not even move them. If you are netting them, that is your problem. Use properly aged and water also use a chemical reducer or water conditioner. Make sure not to dump your fry into the tank. They will get issues from that. Make sure you use the same temp of the water when you do changes, if it is not the right temp they will die. Last, if you bred to DTs together that is why they are dying.
i think it is swim bladder , the problem is they eat micro worms but very less and not as much as BBS , i do use a heater setting at 75F , i just siphoned in and out the water,i dont bother the fries lastly i use RID-ALL ANTI CHLORINE from singapore by the way thanks for ur life saving advice. both the parents are half moon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts