Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the story:

I want a betta. Really, REALLY badly. But, seeing as I'm only 14, the decision is ultimately up to my parents. So, I've done some extensive research and created a PowerPoint about betta ownership. I showed it to my mom and dad, and they seemed really impressed. Of course, they need to think it over, so I won't know until tomorrow if I can get one.

Anyway, please cross your fingers for me! :-D

·
Registered
657 Posts
fingers crossed. i hope you get a new betta, if you do, pictures, pictures, pictures!

·
Registered
197 Posts
If this is your first Betta, I heard that Halfmoons (HM) or Halfmoon Plakat (HMPK) are more difficult to take care of. But, you know, get whatever you'd like best.

Fingers crossed. Good-luck!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow, it's always exciting to see a new enthusiast. Good luck, hope they say yes! Let us know the outcome!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Luckily my first betta and the one I have right now I kinda was obligated to take care of it or they would put it down, har har.

But it's always lovely to get a new pet, and bettas are extremely fun! :D

I hope you get your fish :D!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all! :-D I asked my mom today and she didn't know yet. Hopefully she and my dad will decide soon.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
hope u get it! There are a lot of teens on this forum, Im 13 myself. There is a teen lounge somewhere that i started...

I have a betta named Josh, hes happy in a 10 gallon heated filtered tank:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a betta named Josh, hes happy in a 10 gallon heated filtered tank:)
Is that him in your avatar? If so, he's very cute!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
ya it is! thx.he is a delta tail betta. after i got him i noticed his tail had a beutiful shiny green hue to it, it looks like blue in the pic. I would reccomend a good tank(3+ gallons), heater and low flow filter. Cycle the tank if its above 5 gallons. PM me if you have any more questions..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
*sulks in corner*

My parents said no. :-( They said that "they'd have to take care of it" even though I promised I'd take care of it. Needless to say, I'm very upset with them right now. They know how responsible I am; I get straight A's at school, and I did TONS of research before I even asked for a fish. I mean, who else would make a 15-slide PowerPoint about getting a pet fish? And it's not like I was asking for money...I was going to pay for everything!! They tried to placate me by saying, "maybe over the summer," but I know from past experiences that there's about a 1% chance of that happening.

Sorry about the rant. I just needed to let off some steam.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Go ahead. Rant all u want. Or talk about it in the Teen Thread. (sorry if sounded like advertising lol) You'll get one eventually, I had to wait 6 Months to get one. After my goldfish died:-( Oh well...

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
:( Oh, I'm sorry midnight... well... you could always pester them.... bring them online and let them look at this forum and all the beautiful fish. Show them how awesome they look in proper care, and how even a smaller 3 or so gallon set up can be rewarding. Eventually with persistence, they'll probably give in... I know my parents did ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks:) My last day of school is next Thursday, so I'll probably start bugging them on Friday. LOL.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's a good idea!! I'm in charge of grooming them, but I can definitely do more.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Lol, I know when I was a kid my pets were usually like 50% of the deal done by my parents, but nowadays I can't let my mum near my fish, I mean, all she does is tease him or overfeed him when I'm not looking because she thinks he is poor and hungry <_<!

Or driving his instincts mad making him either bites her finger or hides on the tank when she tries desperately to poke him...

Well, I guess parents are diff.. Speaking of which tomorrow is her bday ;o

Anyway, tell your parents it's a fish, is not a dog, I know it sounds pretty weird, specially from a fish forum but you know, fish actually is 500x easier than a dog, I mean if your fish gets an illness, the medicine will be like $10 max and you can cure it at home, if was a dog would be over $1000 in a few cases. :V

Tell your parents you want a trial, it's a betta common, is not like a dolphin or a shark >_>

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL!! "Mom, I want a pet shark!" That'd go over real well. xD

Anyway, I'll mention the dog. Maybe that will get her thinking...

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yeah, do stuff like, go to amazon and make a list of how much would cost to have a betta or a dog or even a cat, since you have 2. xD

Or say is early bday present, xmas or that you will study harder if you get idk lol xD!
I used to say that stuff when I wanted something, kinda worked the first time.. Never again hahahahaha

1 - 20 of 31 Posts