Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I was wondering if anyone had some experience with Easy-Life products?
These are pretty much the best we have in our country, so i bought Easy-Life FFM (conditioner) and Easy-Life Voogle (it says that it's a fish life saver :)). Can anyone tell me are those good? Thanks

· Registered
1,228 Posts
I am sorry but I have never heard of this brand of product, we don't have it here in Australia. Do you have any other brands available to you?

I mainly use Biotec water ager which is really good as it removes heavy metals, chlorine and ammonia plus replaces slime coat and it is great vaue for money as it is very concentrated. Other brands I have used are API stress coat but it does not remove ammonia as far as I know. Biotec is really the best I can get locally here but there are other brands.

If you let me know what other brands (if any) you have access to I might be more familiar with them.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am using it for three days now...For Voogle it says to use it five days for sick fish, and once weekly to prevent problems. They strongly recommended these products, as they are based on natural ingredients, no chemistry. Other brands that we have in our country are Sera and Tetra. That's all. Here are some links to products i am using:
Easy life FFM Conditioner
http://www.easylife.nl/en/marine-products/water-treatement/easy-life-fluid-filter-medium
Easy life Voogle
http://www.easylife.nl/en/freshwater-products/health-products/voogle

· Registered
4,129 Posts
so since you using it for 3 days + you using similar to Indian Almond Leaves he don't have the fungus any longer?
You said to me in our messages that you put the filter in the tank. Your tank is 3 gall, how much water changes you do now?

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yes, since i started using it, no more fungus (or slime coat, since i don't know what was it exactly). Usually it fall of his fins during the day, and then first in the morning it came back again and so on. Now it's not coming back anymore since i started using Voogle. Tomorrow is the last day of the "treatment", and then i plan to use it once weekly as a preventive, like it says. Now that i have a filter, i plan on doing two 50% water changes weekly with gravel vacuuming, and rinsing filter media once weekly.

· Registered
4,129 Posts
Definitely do it. The stores here do it for free if now then you need testing kit. I would definitely do it since you having problem with him. While you don't have testing kit i would do 2-50% and one full water changes . In this situation you really don't need to use the filter.
If you decide to do partial water changes and have filter you need to monitor water for the parameters daily. So i think for now its good idea to do regular water changes.

· Registered
4,198 Posts
Easy-Life Voogle contains "Glucomannans, Beta Carotene, Ascorbic Acid, Thiamine, Choline, Folic Acid and other Vitamins and Natural and Synthetic Concentrates solved in Purified Water. "... Glucomannans are a type water-soluble fiber, which prevents constipation. The other ingredients are vitamins. So, IMO, this is absolutely fine to use.

Easy-Life Fluid Filter Medium neutalizes/removes chlorine, chloramines, heavy metals, and ammonia. (So it's similar to our Prime.) It does several other things, too. IMO, this is absolutely fine to use, too.

Sources: Drs Foster and Smith website. Both products are sold by them.
Easy-Life Voogle link is here.
Easy Life FFM link is here.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Ok. But i am planning to get a 4 (16 liters = 4.22 gallons exactly) gallon tank soon, but if I need to do a 100% wc every week, i will not get it, it's really hard with bigger ones to do that. I have read about water changes, and it says:
"1-4gal with a filter
Twice weekly-1-50% water only and 1-50% with substrate cleaning by vacuum or stir and dip method.
Filter media needs a swish/rinse in old tank water a couple of times a month."
What should i do?

· Registered
4,129 Posts
You can keep him in the tank he is now ,which is i think a good size tank , and do regular water changes. Almost all my tanks are 2.5 gall.Or if you really want bigger tank you will have to still do 2-50 % water changes and vacuum the gravel weekly + clean filter media, but i like to say to clean it every week instead of monthly. The filter can gather a lot of gunk in it and give the ammonia spike.
But tell you the truth i would keep him in what he already used to , just in case he has bigger tank syndrome. Its just my opinion though , i don't like to change something that already established .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.