Betta Fish Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I finally have more photos!
To start off, here is one of the boys.
Water Fin Underwater Fish Marine biology

And some of the bigger fry!! They’re starting to look more betta-y. Unfortunately, some of them have itch or a fungal infection but I read that this would be likely to happen. I’m working on treating it, for now they seem to be eating well and growing strong! I don’t have an idea of how many have made it to this larger stage because they’re in the main tank so that will be something I’ll get to see when they’re even bigger.
Branch Wood Terrestrial plant Twig Plant

Leaf Green Plant Water Terrestrial plant

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I managed to get more photos of the adults today, no new fry photos but I saw less of the spots I mentioned previously. They seem to be doing well 🥰 Have I mentioned that I find these fish to be incredible? They are so interesting looking and I love their personalities and watching how they interact all together. These fish are vastly underrated.

Fin Fish Water Underwater Marine biology

Water Eye Organism Fin Terrestrial plant

Water Underwater Organism Fish Marine biology

Underwater Fin Organism Fish Marine biology

Water Fish Underwater Fin Marine biology

Eye Organism Fish Fin Water

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I was feeding black worms last night and one of the babies ate some worms!! Never doubt a betta’s ability to eat, especially the wilds.
Plant Terrestrial plant Organism Aquatic plant Water

Water Vertebrate Plant Botany Organism

Here is the mom being pretty.
Underwater Fin Reptile Fish Marine biology

And I got a photo showing how big the baby is in comparison to the adults
Plant Organism Terrestrial plant Grass Adaptation

And lastly, the baby betta’s close up. So cute!
Underwater Marine biology Plant Fish Amphibian

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I think this thread is rapidly becoming “look at how cute the female is being!!!” but in my defense, she is soooo cute! Also, she is so very round. She is constantly eggy & constantly hungry, I think she’s trying to raise an army so she can take over the world and have every worm

Plant Botany Leaf Natural environment Beak

Vertebrate Plant Iguania Organism Terrestrial plant

The 3+ large fry are doing really well still! They’re so cute and I hope I can upgrade the tank, I don’t want to say goodbye to the first couple of babies.

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I’m thinking that since I have babies getting bigger by the day, I’ll join the local aquarium club. They have monthly auctions where people can bring in stock but honestly, I’d be happy to give some away for free as long as they get to live a good life & bring that person joy. I’m loving these bettas so much and I just want to spread the love of wild species around.

Also, I’m looking into getting either a pair of Betta unimaculata or Betta albimarginata. I’m loving the mouth brooders so much & I love watching them interact with each other; I was involved in animal behavior research in college so old habits of sitting and watching for hours die hard, lol. If anyone has kept either of them (or a similar species), I’d love to hear about your experience.

· Administrator
24,578 Posts
If you haven't done a spawn log I can copy this thread to that section. And don't forget The Marketplace. ;)

If you use the Marketplace you can link the listing in your threads or signature.

To others: 50 posts other than about one's own breeding are required to use the Marketplace. Please read guidelines.

· Registered
60 litres with 2 blue rams, my cat!
4,450 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a pair of edithae. Anything I need to know about them?
Get them!!!! They're awesome little fish. Don't have personal experience with them, but seriously fish is a must to read. (@RussellTheShihTzu always wanted to ask that can we post links from seriously fish? )
Make sure to do a ton of research! And I'm sure @NoodleTheMysteryBetta will help you with any questions you might have. And most importantly - if you get them make sure to post a ton of pictures!!!! :giggle:

· Registered
2 bettas (MOON) (TANK) 3 mollies 1 african dwarf frog 2 dogs 2 cats 2 leopard geckos 1 baby guinea
1,055 Posts
I don't own wild bettas but I wish you luck if you want faster answers you can make a new post

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Hi, sorry for not replying sooner. Between work and my mental health not having been the greatest, I haven’t been active lately but I’m trying to be more active on here and get my tanks back in order so that I’ll be more willing to share photos. Okay, now it is answer time.

I'm thinking about getting a pair of edithae. Anything I need to know about them?
I think that they’re pretty easy to keep! Just give them cover, live foods (not necessary but they love to hunt & spawning seems more likely when regularly fed live foods, especially black worms), and time to get adjusted. Like most other wild species, they can be nervous at first but I found that once they associated me with food, they were much less skittish. I’m sorry that this took so long for me to get to !

By any chance: do you have the parameters, filtration and any specific tips you could share?
I don’t have the exact parameters at the moment but my tap water is slightly basic & as far as filtration goes, I had a small sponge filter at one end of the tank. I think I read somewhere that they tend to come from faster flowing waters but I don’t have the source off the top of my head & it didn’t seem like a slower water source had a negative effect on them.

· Registered
23 Posts
Hi, sorry for not replying sooner. Between work and my mental health not having been the greatest, I haven’t been active lately but I’m trying to be more active on here and get my tanks back in order so that I’ll be more willing to share photos. Okay, now it is answer time.

I think that they’re pretty easy to keep! Just give them cover, live foods (not necessary but they love to hunt & spawning seems more likely when regularly fed live foods, especially black worms), and time to get adjusted. Like most other wild species, they can be nervous at first but I found that once they associated me with food, they were much less skittish. I’m sorry that this took so long for me to get to !

I don’t have the exact parameters at the moment but my tap water is slightly basic & as far as filtration goes, I had a small sponge filter at one end of the tank. I think I read somewhere that they tend to come from faster flowing waters but I don’t have the source off the top of my head & it didn’t seem like a slower water source had a negative effect on them.
Thanks for the reply.

I only feed live food to my wild bettas. Also fed frozen bloodworms and brineshrimp to some domestic splendens I once had. Will try to see if the wild bettas like this frozen food.

If I get them (Edithae) will sure post here.

Thanks,

41 - 58 of 58 Posts