Betta Fish Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I finally have more photos!
To start off, here is one of the boys.
Water Fin Underwater Fish Marine biology

And some of the bigger fry!! They’re starting to look more betta-y. Unfortunately, some of them have itch or a fungal infection but I read that this would be likely to happen. I’m working on treating it, for now they seem to be eating well and growing strong! I don’t have an idea of how many have made it to this larger stage because they’re in the main tank so that will be something I’ll get to see when they’re even bigger.
Branch Wood Terrestrial plant Twig Plant
Leaf Green Plant Water Terrestrial plant

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I managed to get more photos of the adults today, no new fry photos but I saw less of the spots I mentioned previously. They seem to be doing well 🥰 Have I mentioned that I find these fish to be incredible? They are so interesting looking and I love their personalities and watching how they interact all together. These fish are vastly underrated.

Eye Organism Fish Fin Water
Underwater Fin Organism Fish Marine biology
Fin Fish Water Underwater Marine biology
Water Underwater Organism Fish Marine biology
Water Fish Underwater Fin Marine biology
Water Eye Organism Fin Terrestrial plant

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I was feeding black worms last night and one of the babies ate some worms!! Never doubt a betta’s ability to eat, especially the wilds.
Plant Terrestrial plant Organism Aquatic plant Water
Water Vertebrate Plant Botany Organism

Here is the mom being pretty.
Underwater Fin Reptile Fish Marine biology

And I got a photo showing how big the baby is in comparison to the adults
Plant Organism Terrestrial plant Grass Adaptation

And lastly, the baby betta’s close up. So cute!
Underwater Marine biology Plant Fish Amphibian

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I think this thread is rapidly becoming “look at how cute the female is being!!!” but in my defense, she is soooo cute! Also, she is so very round. She is constantly eggy & constantly hungry, I think she’s trying to raise an army so she can take over the world and have every worm.
Plant Botany Leaf Natural environment Beak
Vertebrate Plant Iguania Organism Terrestrial plant

The 3+ large fry are doing really well still! They’re so cute and I hope I can upgrade the tank, I don’t want to say goodbye to the first couple of babies.

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I’m thinking that since I have babies getting bigger by the day, I’ll join the local aquarium club. They have monthly auctions where people can bring in stock but honestly, I’d be happy to give some away for free as long as they get to live a good life & bring that person joy. I’m loving these bettas so much and I just want to spread the love of wild species around.

Also, I’m looking into getting either a pair of Betta unimaculata or Betta albimarginata. I’m loving the mouth brooders so much & I love watching them interact with each other; I was involved in animal behavior research in college so old habits of sitting and watching for hours die hard, lol. If anyone has kept either of them (or a similar species), I’d love to hear about your experience.

· Administrator
24,562 Posts
If you haven't done a spawn log I can copy this thread to that section. And don't forget The Marketplace. ;)

If you use the Marketplace you can link the listing in your threads or signature.

To others: 50 posts other than about one's own breeding are required to use the Marketplace. Please read guidelines.

· Registered
4,948 Posts
I'm so glad I finally saw this thread! The bettas and fry are so cute! Following (Finally lol).

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Baby betta photo dump!! The babies were out and enjoying some frozen daphnia this evening, they’re so big now!!!! Still not quite to a size I’d want to sell but they’re getting there!
Plant Water Vertebrate Leaf Botany

Liquid Water Organism Underwater Wood

Water Organism Vegetation Terrestrial plant Plant

Organism Scaled reptile Underwater Reptile Terrestrial animal

And some obligatory adult edithae photos, I love the look of these guys.
Water Organism Underwater Plant Marine biology

Water Organism Fin Fish Underwater

Water Fin Fish Underwater Tail

Underwater Fish Marine biology Terrestrial animal Terrestrial plant

Vertebrate Water Scaled reptile Underwater Fish

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 · (Edited)
I was talking with the guy that I’m getting an Unimaculata sp. pair from & he warned me that it can be hard to find homes for the wilds. Because of that, I got a little worried and decided to try to start the process of finding homes for the Edith youngsters. Well… I posted locally about them today and I already have a home lined up for them! Someone who has kept Betta pugnax before wants them when they get a little bit bigger, I’m over the moon right now.

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Cute stripey baby! I love watching the wilds color up and down, it makes them seem even more expressive
Plant Insect Terrestrial plant Communication Device Fish

Not sure exactly what size the new owner is expecting them to be but they all have great appetites and are growing quickly!

Attachments

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Whoops!! I found homes for some of them and those fry have since grown up to spawn in their new tank. It’s so exciting! Their owner loves them and is very pleased that they’re doing so well in their tank.

A little while ago, I randomly lost my original female (SIP) and got a little disheartened after losing her with no warning; she was my favorite of the Edith’s. But I still have 3 of them remaining—a female (one of the grown up fry) and 2 males. They’re doing well and I believe they may have spawned, though I am not positive. I am considering letting my brother take them in because he is very interested in them, though I’m not positive if I’ll let him take all of them or not (he lives about 40 minutes away so I could still see them regularly)… hmm…

41 - 58 of 58 Posts