Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!! I'm not too good with this self introduction stuff.... :oops: I've been lurking around the site for the past two days after getting myself a betta... His name is Vader, haha... I'm fairly new to this so I am learning a lot about bettas from this forum. I'll post up pictures as soon as I get a chance. Nice to meet you all :)

·
Registered
10,971 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping.....

Enjoy your stay....

Be sure and post questions in the proper section for best response....

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
Hi Chibi :wave:

Welcome to the forum. We're glad you stopped lurking and decided to join :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!! But Vader is having fin biting episodes.... So I'm having slight difficulty with him :( hopefully he'll stop soon, maybe he needs a "man cave" or something...

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
you could try (every time you clean his tank) move around his plant and decor for interest, am dealing with it to -.-
----
welcome to the forum, i did the same thing, though i lurked for a day and came in XD lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

That's him before his fin biting....

That's him after...

Yea, I will do that tomorrow when I change his water.... :D thanks bettalover! I was freaking out at first and thought it was fin rot, but my brother said it wasn't... It's not is it??? o_O

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! My Tommy is also a tail biter, so I know how frustrating that is!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bettalover- I moved the plants around and I haven't seen his fins get torn up again :) thanks!

I think the tail biting was from stress of the new environment... His tail is growing back nicely now... I'll update with pictures sometime soon. Thanks for the warm welcome guys and gals!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts