Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my fish in my divided 5 gallon has recently become ill and has open wounds. In addition to my other betta, who is currently fine, I have an olive nerite.

I know they live in brackish/salt water as well as fresh, but Im nervous about adding large(r) does of AQ salt to give preventative doses for Alle. Since AQ salt is different in make up than regular salt(?), I dont wanna hurt it.

Can nerites live in moderately dosed amounts of AQ salt? I think Im going to add about 3-4 tsp of it in my 5 gallon.

Thanks guys.

(Ps- I *could* put her in a plant growing tank, but its NOT heated and can get chilly. I dont know if I should do that...Let me know.)

·
Registered
142 Posts
how big is the plant growing tank... it should be stable u jus have to heat it... a heating blanket underneath or a space heater from a distance (what i used when my heater broke) work good... i really hope u get him feeling better

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I cant heat it, not at all. Its 1.5 gallons, which is fine for her, but it cant be heated... I have no heating blankets, etc. to do anything with, I live in a dorm and theyre not allowed.. :(

·
Registered
142 Posts
can u sit down on the floor with her and the tank by the heating vent... that might work

·
Registered
142 Posts
:-( I got nothin then... sry Hope u figure somethin out tho

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, hun :c I moved her into the plant tank and put her into my friend's dorm room where its much, much warmer. Actually, around noon by the window- it gets to be around 77'+, which she'll enjoy.

And yes, a she <3 Found that out today, yay <3

·
Registered
142 Posts
lol well good im glad u got her situated... hope she does better

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Nerites actually require brackish water to breed. So yes, they prefer to live in water that has a fairly high salt content.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts