Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so I've had my betta for almost two weeks now and recently when I checked on him I noticed his fins were slightly shredded. It doesn't look serious however, and he still acts healthy so I put it down to the decorations. Turns out my cave and fake coral were sharp in places I hadn't even realised! If only I'd noticed earlier... Anyway I took them out and now he's pretty much alone in his now bare 5 gallon tank heated filtered tank (it has gravel and a backdrop but nothing else). I don't really have the opportunity to go out and get more decorations this week so will he be okay in an empty tank for the next 5 days or so? Also is there any house-hold items I could put in there to ease the inevitable boredom?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just thought I'd add, I have some plastic plants (well really it's the same ornament with multiple stalks sticking out) that have rounded leaves. Is that okay to put in his tank? I don't want him to get stressed with a lack of hiding places.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Can you possibly get him some live or silk plants? Maybe a small terracotta pot as a sort of cave? I have found that my Bettas really seem to enjoy these and they're nice and smooth and so won't damage fins.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I have seen people use coffee cups or jars but anything you like that make sure there is no soap on it as soap is deadly to fish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts