Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a light near my parent's computer. (lights for cats/dogs) I wondered what would happen if bettas saw lights, so I turned on the light, had a little difficulty with it though, I pointed it at King Dedede, what I saw:

*WORD* = action
-WORD- = thought

*King Dedede sees light and starts to follow it*

King Dedede: ooo, shiny...

*I stare at my betta*

King Dedede: NO! what if it's a trap like when that little girl pushed my tank and nearly killed me from water loss?! -I was so low on water, I nearly... uh... no idea what to think here...-

*King Dedede starts flaring*

me: I MADE A DISCOVERY!!! :lol:

*I go to my mom and take away the light*

me: mom!!

my mom: what?

me: I found out that bettas hate lights!

*random and weird celebration time*

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
*yawn*

this is pretty boring, I have no idea WHAT to write here

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
wait......now you have TWO bettas? :shock:
my thoughts exactly...

I do recall us just recently having to deal with explaing proper water changing techniques not that long ago, and then being told that the parents won't buy food an such...wondering how another betta got thrown in...

I don't know about you, but my two bettas have cost me about $150 so far... maybe more...

Are both Equinox and Dedede in big enough tanks with clean water and such? :)

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my thoughts exactly...

I do recall us just recently having to deal with explaing proper water changing techniques not that long ago, and then being told that the parents won't buy food an such...wondering how another betta got thrown in...

I don't know about you, but my two bettas have cost me about $150 so far... maybe more...

Are both Equinox and Dedede in big enough tanks with clean water and such? :)
I can water change on my own, my parents (finally) got proper food and a water conditioner :3

and both bettas seem to be in large enough tanks, also, with the water changes that are hard, my parents will FI-NALL-Y help!

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
How big are the tanks? The pics you post make it look like theyrw in food containers.

And my advice is to make sure you find out the easier ways to do it on your own. Try not to rely on your parents too much because it might make it look like you can't handle the fish on your own.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How big are the tanks? The pics you post make it look like theyrw in food containers.

And my advice is to make sure you find out the easier ways to do it on your own. Try not to rely on your parents too much because it might make it look like you can't handle the fish on your own.

I can't measure gallons (UGH.) and I sometimes have to rely on my parents because I hate myself and I'm only 10

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What did you do, make them read your original thread? :lol:
LOL! sadly, that didn't help... this did:

*I go up to my mom*

me: mom?

my mom: yes?

me: can I have a a water conditioner and PROPER food?

my mom: NO.

me: PLEASE?! pleasepleasepleaseplease?!?!?

my mom: NO.

~LATER...~

*I walk up to my mom*

me: PLEASE?! pleasepleasepleaseplease?! PLLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAAAASSEE?!?!?!

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
I can't measure gallons (UGH.) and I sometimes have to rely on my parents because I hate myself and I'm only 10
Remember some of us here are ages 15 and below. (Including me) Please don't say "I'm only...". If you can't get proper supplies, please don't get another fish. :/

Reactions: yyankeeyankeefan

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Remember some of us here are ages 15 and below. (Including me) Please don't say "I'm only...". If you can't get proper supplies, please don't get another fish. :/

+1

Not to be rude or anything LL, but I think they just got a fish either because you kept asking for it or just wanted to give you something to do. Your parents are behaving the same way my mom used to. I don't think they're actually going to care much for you fish. That could explain why they don't want to buy anything. And as mentioned other times, they're not cheap xD

Some people would rather buy food for themselves than buy it for a fish.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok... ugh, this is another: "last school year shoved back in my face" moment

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
+1

Not to be rude or anything LL, but I think they just got a fish either because you kept asking for it or just wanted to give you something to do. Your parents are behaving the same way my mom used to. I don't think they're actually going to care much for you fish. That could explain why they don't want to buy anything. And as mentioned other times, they're not cheap xD

Some people would rather buy food for themselves than buy it for a fish.
kay... I think King Dedede hates me, he always flares at me when I come near (or too near?) the tank

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
do I HAVE to be writing replies at 10:49AM?!

I slept at 3:00AM last night!

·
Registered
105 Posts
...Perhaps if you went to bed earlier... You did say you're 10, right? lol. I'm 17 & even I go to bed before 3:00...

But I agree with those above- you should be the one taking care of your bettas. I used to have rats, and when I didn't feed them, my parents wouldn't let me eat... no kidding. When they didn't have water, I couldn't have water untill I gave them some. When thier cage was dirty, I had to change it...well... actually I didn't care that much about taking showers when I was 8, so my parents grounded me to my room untill I changed the cage. That really helped me learn responsibility for my pets. I realized that they rely on me, they can't help themselves.

Best of luck with the new betta. :)

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
...Perhaps if you went to bed earlier... You did say you're 10, right? lol. I'm 17 & even I go to bed before 3:00...

But I agree with those above- you should be the one taking care of your bettas. I used to have rats, and when I didn't feed them, my parents wouldn't let me eat... no kidding. When they didn't have water, I couldn't have water untill I gave them some. When thier cage was dirty, I had to change it...well... actually I didn't care that much about taking showers when I was 8, so my parents grounded me to my room untill I changed the cage. That really helped me learn responsibility for my pets. I realized that they rely on me, they can't help themselves.

Psshhhh I'm 19, in college and may have stayed up past 3 maybe 5 times within the year and that's because of finals xD

But as for what your parents did as a punishment, id do that to my kids as well.
The situation thought is that I think LL's parents don't care for the fish. They provably prefer it as decoration over an actual pet.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Agreed. :) I was just saying that LL should take responsibility for them, regardless of the parents.

LL- I know you're 10, but do you get an allowance? or is there an opportunity for you to mow the lawn or do extra chores to earn money? Maybe you could hold a 'garage' sale, & sell some of your old toys/clothes. If your parent's saw you taking initiative, they might be more likely to help you.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

my little sister always keeps me awake. also, my parents dont care about animals-- they won't even let me donate!! I try my best to support my betta in EVERY WAY I can... and here's a small story:

my betta almost died from lack of water (my sister spilled the water, on PURPOSE!) and I was rushing to find the water conditioner, I asked my mom where the water conditioner, she didn't even hurry up with the things she was doing... but my betta survived, with a few pieces of info in his revenge list, I guess... I think he hates me

*sigh*

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Agreed. :) I was just saying that LL should take responsibility for them, regardless of the parents.

LL- I know you're 10, but do you get an allowance? or is there an opportunity for you to mow the lawn or do extra chores to earn money? Maybe you could hold a 'garage' sale, & sell some of your old toys/clothes. If your parent's saw you taking initiative, they might be more likely to help you.
yea, I got 20 something dollars right now, about to receive 12 more dollars soon,
because I am trying very hard to put my sis to sleep at night, she slept at 4:00AM ONCE!! 4:00AM and she's 4 years old, @[email protected] I am trying to save up for a new tank for Equinox!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts