Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

So I've got an established betta sorority in a 10 gallon tank right now. There are 5 females and they've been together for about 7-8 months now. They are getting larger and I feel the need to upgrade them so they have more room.

I've got a 55 gallon community tank set up and I thought, well, maybe I can put them in with my community fish. The only aggressive fish in this tank is an angelfish, and he's not really aggressive to new time members except for about the first 10 minutes after adding them.

I was just wondering if anybody had an experience with adding an established sorority to an established community tank or not. Or any advice is welcome. If it's not possible then I won't do it, I just thought it was an interesting idea.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It's risky but it might work, try it, but make sure to have something else ready to put the bettas in if it doesn't work out
Good luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might get brave and try it. I would definitely leave their 10 gallon up for a week or so after just to be safe if I needed to remove them.

It's nerve wracking!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts