Betta Fish Forum banner

141 - 160 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
You'll definitely be in my prayers. You could ask OldFishlady about soil for your npt.
Thanks for the prayers DQ! Yeah, I talked OFL today, thank God for her help and encouragement or I might have quit already. I finally gave up on buying any soil, and just dug some up from my yard...I hope it works lol! I will start assembling the tank tomorrow...wish I had plants already..but patience is needed I guess lol. It's very difficult having a 10g tank sitting empty while my 3 boys are in 1g bowls, but it will be worth it in the long run. (I hope)..I can do this!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
You're a good friend and forum member. :)
Aaaaaw shucks lol...I'm so glad I came here...and I try to treat people right, the way I want to be treated. How is Journey doing? I saw the most awesome, tiny, female CT at Pet Supplies Plus today..I had to walk away..like four times ha ha...I need to take care of the ones I have first. I need a job, so I can get more. Is there something wrong with wanting more bettas?

·
Banned
27,614 Posts
Journey is doing very well. He's in a gallon container and I may switch him and Zinfandel. Zinfandel doesn't move around a lot, probably because he can't see very well. I think Journey would like the 1.5 gallon better.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Journey is doing very well. He's in a gallon container and I may switch him and Zinfandel. Zinfandel doesn't move around a lot, probably because he can't see very well. I think Journey would like the 1.5 gallon better.
Sounds like a good plan. I am trying to decide who I want to move the the 10g divided when it is ready..I'm thinking Bali and Bandit...they are both tail biting..maybe the new environment will help them. I was gonna move Beau, but he has been so happy in his 1g..I might just put him in Bali's 2.5 when I move Bali out. So many decisions lol.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #151

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
I hope you got to go to the beach. We just got Back from having lunch with our cousins. We had a great time with them.
I never made it to the beach..again. LOL..it's okay though. It's hubby's day off and we grilled out for lunch. I am setting up my 10g right now, no plants. I can't afford to do my planted tank yet, so I'm just going to get it up and running so my fish can use it. I hate not having money lol. I'm glad you had a good time going out to lunch..enjoy the rest of your day!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
So, Aaron's finally came and took our furniture...We haven't been able to keep up on payments since hubby lost his job, and had to take one for much less pay. It's all good though. I feel more badly about the recliner I got for him than I do the living room set...good thing we paid cash for the bed! I look at it this way, roof is paid for, lights are on, we are not starving, the dogs and fish are all well...it's a good day! The good Lord may not give us all that we WANT, but He always gives us what we NEED. Have a great day everyone!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
I'm sorry about your furniture! Well, it's best to look on the bright side of things which is what you're doing.
Yeah thanks hon...it's not a big deal. Furniture is not that important..it wasn't but 3 years ago when we were homeless, and sleeping in a tent. I'm just happy to have a roof and food! Perspective matters, there are so many people in much worse situations. I'm happy ya know? :-D

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #158 (Edited)
Oh, wow! You've been through quite a lot!
Yeah, I guess I have...most of what I have put here doesn't even touch most of it lol, thus the title of my journal. I was actually in a bad car accident two months before we became homeless. I was getting three to four injections in my spine every week and then sleeping in the tent at night...it was hard, but we made it through. How are you today? I barely got any sleep..I was up until hubby got home at 1am, and then had to get up really early to take Leo to the shelter for his neuter...I felt so bad leaving him there! I pray he does okay. I hate my dogs having surgery :-( I'm tired.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
oh my gosh i agree with dq youve been thru a lot!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
oh my gosh i agree with dq youve been thru a lot!
Posted via Mobile Device
I think anyone who has lived more than 50 years has been through a lot..When I'm confronted with a frustrating or disappointing issue I tend to ask myself, "how much will this matter five years from now"..it really makes most things seem small.

141 - 160 of 193 Posts