Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks! First post here. Just wanted ya'lls opinion on my fish and setup. I bought Ozymandias 3 days ago from Petsmart. He's in a gallon aquarium with a heater keeping everything at about 76-78. Water gets changed 50% everyday and sits for 24 hours prior to him swimming in it (plus it gets hit with a dechlorinator/conditioner) I was happy to see his first bubble nest today, and he exhibits curiosity towards people passing by his bowl. But he seems to just be picking at his food and has developed a small pinhole in his tail. I don't know if I accidentally tore his fin when taking him out of his tank to clean the water or if maybe it's fin rot? He seemed to be healthy in the store. Flares when presented with a mirror, but seems to be a little lethargic in general. I feel like a parent with a newborn, obsessing over every sneeze and hiccup! Thanks for your responses.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow...fast response; great advice! I'll definately hold his food for a day or two and cut back on the water changes a bit. Eventually I'll probably upgrade to a bigger tank (always wanted to try my hand at aquascaping).

And yes, he's my first betta. My experience with fish is just me remembering what my mom used to do when I was little, and info from the net. To me, fish are rather boring pets when compared to my labrador, but just having one fish makes it seem more like a pet. It may just be me, but Ozzy almost seems to have a distinct personality? Cocky, but in a laid-back, John Wayne style. Too bad the little suckers don't play nice together. Went back to Petsmart today to pick up a thermometer and noticed a rather nice red crowntail...

1 - 2 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.